I think Bama was screwed - Appeal Denied

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 17, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Tigerfan. Our "Investigation" was very different from Bama and Tennessee's troubles.

It basically apples to oranges. We have no recruiting violations NOR have we been accused of any. Ours was did or did we not provide Free tutoring to an already LSU football player which for some stupid reason is against NCAA rules.

NCAA is tense about money and recruiting, we are accused of violating a rule we were not aware of and have since fixed.

Geaux Tigers

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Texastiger, I understand the difference in the suppose offenses. I just hope that LSU was not giving grades to students. I believe there are a couple of peoples that have filed civil suits saying they were pressured to give grades. I also know that LSU didn't find any foundation for the allegations. I worry when these investigations get started. You never know where they might go. I know what LSU found was no big thing and if the NCAA comes in I would hope that it is all they would uncover. I would have nver believed that Dale Brown would have gotten into the mess he did with Lester Earl. I'll feel better when the NCAA has closed the file on this one. Apples and Oranges both get rotten after awhile.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You make a good point.

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

5. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

I really appreciate the compasion shown by some of you about our circumstances with the penalties given to us by the NCAA.
    I realize that our boosters were totally out of line and we should be punished. If you do the crime you serve the time. I am not
    complaining about that. I do however feel bad for the boys and the coach because they are paying for what someone else did. I don't guess theres any other way to handle the situation, its just that the kids have to pay for what some rogue booster did. Maybe this will make other boosters take heed and not try this
    ever again. It just seems to me that the wrong people get punished. oh well its over now and all we can do now is try to
    overcome it.
    Good Luck with the rest of your season. I really enjoy this board.
    thanks for having me!
    :)

6. CrimsonBaritone

CrimsonBaritone Freshman

Thanks.....

I appreciate that LSU fans. It means alot to me to know that someone other than BAMA fans know what's happening. I was on the Hog board the other day and it brought a sad tear to my to hear the stuff that were saying. THanks guys and gals, I needed a little pick me up. I'm sure we did something wrong or UA wouldn't take this laying down, but I just think its too harse of a penalty.
    FYI if anyone ever goes to the BAMA boards my name there is UAbluedevil!!!!