I think Bass is ready for the NBA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WildcatMike, Jan 29, 2005.

1. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

Brandon Bass looks awfully good. I think he is ready to make the jump to the next level. Have the body and the game that will do well with the big boys. He looked awfully good from what I saw in-between timeouts (flipping back in forth) of the Pig Sooey vs. UK game. :thumb:

Brady still needs to get a grip but did a wonderful job shutting out MSU offense. Would Frazier make any difference?

What is your take on Bass? I say better enjoy him now, I think he is ready to make the move after this season.

Great game Tigers!

Go Big Blue
    :geauxtigs

2. geauxgirl80

geauxgirl80 Freshman

I don't know about that. I think Mr. Davis (aka: Big Baby) is showing alot more potential. During the Kentucky game (which I know was nothing to brag about), he played the biggest part in the middle as far as being an overall presence (i.e., altering shots and just getting in the way).

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

you said it girl. Bass needs 1 more year of ncaamb

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

way out of line. baby no where near bass.

my concern about bass is that he might be a tweener. too small for 4 too slow/lacking ball handling skills for 3.

5. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

I agree completely. Davis looked slow in the Kentucky game and doesn't have good court vision. Multiple times today and in the UK game he would have 3 guys on him and not pass it off. Someone has to be open if three guys are on him. Also Davis seems to have some balance issues he his always off balance and hits the deck alot. Bass looked impressive today but he sometimes tends to disappear from games. I don't think he will be back next year, I wonder if dealing with Coach Brady will affect his decision. Brady seems to have some problems relating to his players with the high attrition rate.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I think you are hoping so the cats will not have to face him next year with a surrounding cast in the PMAC.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think Bass is ready for the NBA. I hope he stioks around for another year but I would say the odds aren't in our (LSU's ) favor for him staying. He has range to the college 3 point line and could definitely have NBA 3 point range with the amount of practice time he would have. He might be a little small for a 4 in the league but his athleticism would overcome most problems. Think about Stro, he's only 6'9" and has played center for the Grizzlies plenty.

Bottom line is this.... Bass will drop his name around NBA for draft purposes and if he hears the right things then he is gone. He tried last year and was told he wasn't quite ready. I think this year he's a gone pecan.

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

He reminds me of Chris Webber.........HIS GAME! NOT HIS HEAD!

If he can improve on what seems to be one hell of a mid-range jumper he will be a fantastic NBA player, imo.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

That's weird...I guess that must make all the minutes Pao Gasol logs for a new position called a "6"?

-GO-

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no where near as dominating in the paint as Webber

not the jumper that Stro is/was either, but better O skills

i think the only hope for him staying is if he is holding out for a lottery pick- i dont think he's there, but it depends a lot on whose gonna be taken out of high school and from overseas