I think I know who our next head coach will be... (Serious thread)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGTiger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Was thinking that he'd like to join his brother in the NFL. Talk about sibling rivalry.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He was the reason that we lost both games that year.

3. tigrnms

tigrnms Freshman

Mike Leach done deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Mike Leach WACK deal. Have you ever seen pictures of his feet? His toes have ratty little claws that are perfectly formed to fit a branch. He's a squirrel.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agreed. We gave up 43,24,34,10,24,50,14,and 24 to the last eight teams we played in 07. And the 10 was by La Tech. Let's see what Chief's numbers are this year.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I would really rather keep Miles the recruiter and find an "Offense Chief", but I'll play along.
    If we go another direction I would like to take a first look at Gary Patterson. Building TCU back up is no small feat; and we would increase our Texas connections for recruiting. Which, if you own Louisiana and can compete for talent in Texas - your done as far as recruiting.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

gonzales is the only answer because miles will be at lsu thru 11. no telling who else will be around

8. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Anyone else think he's lacking a good resume as of late?

Maybe I'm the only one worried about this. I have nothing against Gonzales, but why does it feel like everyone's made up their mind that this guy's the best thing ever? What exactly has he done for our program so far? According to the quote above, he's the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. Aren't those the two biggest sore spots on our offense so far this year?

I remember seeing a video (posted here at Tigerfan.com) before the season started which showed Coach Gonzales putting on a really good pep talk during practice to get the players motivated. That was a good video. Hell, I was motivated about our chances on offense after seeing that new energy, especially considering our - whether true or false, perceived - maturing offense. However, that video was all I've really seen about the coach.

In the meantime, our offense has left something to be desired thus far. And arguably the biggest problem areas on our offense are the exact areas for which this new coach is directly responsible. As grades go, wouldn't we grade his performance pretty low so far, save for the inspiring YouTube performance? That's why I'd like to know - why does he deserve to take over this offense? Or why would some suggest we already love his success so much that we're crowning him heir apparent to Les Miles? Are we so desperate for a change that anyone looks good, or is this guy the real deal?

I'm hoping any of you who know more about Coach Gonzales will share relevant below.