I think we see more Perrilloux and Scott/Williams this week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I think Miles knew he made a mistake by not playing them more. You could kinda tell by his press conference.

People are talking about Scott not getting many carries in the second half(as they should), but what about Williams? He fumbles the ball(and the fumble was caused by the ground), which he recovers RIGHT AWAY, and he doesnt get another carry the whole game.

And I also think we may see more Murphy getting passes out of the backfield.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

This may sound kinda dumb, but I think a big problem on this team is we have too much talent.

If we just had one or two guys at tailback, the decision would be much simpler as to who to stick in the game.

Miles and Co. seem to be overthinking the personel decisions. Rather than just lining up the guys who has it going at the time they get greedy, and replace them with the other four guys that could probably start elsewhere.

So in this case it may not be "a good problem to have."

1 person likes this.
  3. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

true grit, while i hope you're right on this i'd be willing to bet you a 6 pack that we won't.

and really, in my opinion, that's not what we need. we need two things:

1. a NEW defensive scheme. it's not that the one we saw last night doesn't work, because it does. it's that it doesn't work when you use it four frickin games in a row.

2. a receiver that can catch the frickin ball. i mean it got so bad last night that they put in mcmanus!... mcmanus! a walk-on!

true more scott/williams/murphy will probably help us, but we can use those guys and continue to pound the ball on the ground and auburn will still beat us as long as we don't change the defensive scheme and produce a viable passing game.

4. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I think the roles of the QB's should be reversed. Start Perrilloux and let him pass but still be a threat to run. Put in Flynn for option plays and QB draws.

If half the fans in this forum have no confidence in Flynn, how do you think his teammates and coaches feel? :(

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'll believe it when I see it, which means I'll never believe it.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't think half the forum have lost confidence in FLYNN, I think half the forum has lost confidence in Flynn with a high ankle sprain. He was looking great before the injury. I'm almost certain that it has been the cause of his troubles this season.

This isn't really his fault. What kid do you think is going to tell the coach he is too hurt to play? not many, and they are sticking with him. If I am right and that is the main problem, it's the coaches fault. I think he is doing the best he can injured. Unfortunately it isn't quite good enough to win a championship.

Hopefully he heals up and ends all this mess. He ran much better this week, I'm hoping that is a good sign that he is coming out of it.

7. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I don't know if it is, as you surmise, strictly the injury that's making Flynn horrible.

But if you're right, that's even worse news for LSU.

Because that means the coach(es) would sacrifice championships in favor of irrational personal loyalty. :tigerhead

8. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

The scheme will change this week, because AU does not run the spread. Over the last 3 years, BP does not hardly blitz when a team is in a spread formation. The frustrating part is that other teams have success, yet BP refuses to do that. Then success against the D gets blamed for "lack of execution", which sometimes it is. We are a better team when we blitz period. What concerns me is that for the last three weeks, it has just seemed the other team wanted it more. Whoever wants it more this week will win (not just the game but for all intents and purposes the West)!

:geauxtige

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

My guess is we'll see more of Scott & RP, but not more of Keiland. Keiland isn't proving himself - he isn't running that hard & can't find the hole.

10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I think we will also see some of Auburn's back up QB Kodi Burns in the spread to give us a different look.