I think we see more Perrilloux and Scott/Williams this week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

A nice attempt at logic. But by that rationale, Vince Young should have taken only a few snaps at the University of Texas.

And in the 2005-06 championship game, he should have been pulled by Mack Brown. He wasn't "playing in the system" that night. For sure. :D

2. edyel

edyel edyel

CParso's post made a LOT of sense to me. It was not an attempt of logic it was pure logic. The coaches know whats going on behind the scenes and we do not. The upcoming game should reveal a lot of what is going on behind the scenes.

3. wmarcg

wmarcg Founding Member

In 2005-06 the SYSTEM at Texas was to let Vince Young improvise, so he was playing within the system.

1 person likes this.
  4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, I can take off the P&G glasses, look up stats such as the 34 LSU penalties committed in the past 3 games, and come to the conclusion that our Tigers are not hitting on all cylinders...and haven't done so in nearly a month.

Now, the fact that the level of competition will dip after this Saturday's game will help somewhat, but if you're not concerned by the fact that LSU has averaged double-digit penalties over the past 3 games---a sample size that comprises nearly 50% of the season played to date---and you see zero cause for concern, then I leave you to the state of ignorance in which you find such (appparent) bliss.

I'm going to guess that the coaches may be just a smidge more concerned about by the mental errors and lack of consistency seen since the S. Carolina game than your comments suggest.

Just a guess (and one shared by many, I'd bet).

5. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Funny. I know Greg Davis personally. Went to school with his daughter when he coached Tulane. You are wrong.

6. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I agree. Penalties, drops, and other mental errors have hurt us 10x more than not putting in the right players or QB play. I just dont understand how we can be so undisciplined.

7. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Great post.

I think instead of seeing Ryan for just one play at a time, we will see him for whole drives. And he will obviously be throwing more.

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Pretty reasoned analysis, IMO. Makes sense, but what doesn't is CLM's comment that he wanted to get RP into the game in the 2nd half but that Kentucky's schemes didn't allow him to do so.

That's one helluva comment, given the fact that CLM wasn't shy about using RP against Va Tech and Florida. Think about that for a moment...does this mean that the mighty, 99th ranked versus the run Kentucky defense showed defensive alignments that kept CLM from running the "Perrilloux package" even once in the second half. Maybe CLM should have "confused" Kentucky right back by putting the highly unpredictable Perrilloux in the 2nd half mix.

I expect we'll see Tim Tebow throw the ball exclusively this Saturday, eh, as this amazing Kentucky D will keep Urban Meyer from using a running QB approach. :eek:

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Good call, Tejas. The coachspeak is frustrating. He said basically the same thing about letting Scott get buttsplinters in the second half.

UK made a defensive adjustment that would not have been appropriate for Scott to run into.

Are you kidding? Scott was running into and OVER everything in the first half! Keep it rolling!

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Joking or not, this is going to far. NO current college player deserves that., especially not one of ours.