I think we see more Perrilloux and Scott/Williams this week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

One thing to add about Flynn. Flynn and Doucet had great chemistry going before Doucet was hurt. Flynn seemed to now where he was going to be on every play.

RP is very impressive using the option and I hope the coaching staff lets him air it out more this season.

They will be a nice combo together this season. I still think Flynn gets the nod with most of the reps. The WR will get it together and Doucets leadership on the field will take some of the pressure off the young WRs.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I specifically included that our coaches prefer a player that they know what he's going to do as opposed to the player who has more big play potential. Texas coaches obviously preferred big play potential, and it worked for them.

Hopefully, we'll have the best of both worlds with Ryan at QB next year. The coaching staff is being very careful to keep Ryan's confidence in check & force him into being a complete QB. Not letting him go out there & improvise in a tight situation will help us down the line (as opposed to going out there with a plan & only improvising if he has to, as any QB must do).

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I assume he means that they were stacking the line & the coaches didn't trust him to throw the ball.

Could this also be why he said they didn't use Scott more, since Scott runs with a very upright style & that isn't the best way to get through a stacked line?