I thought I had seen it all

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 9, 2010.

1. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

These game endings are by design. Les jacks up the TV ratings when LSU plays on TV this year. Now there will be fights by CBS and ESPN to televise an LSU game so they can see the final 2 minutes. I'm not saying this is good, but LSU, not USC/Bama, is on ESPN front page and will be talked about all week again. Les wants to keep the comedy exposure high.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Don't sleep on the Colonels. The Tigers are fundamentally opposed to blowouts so don't look for one.

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Good job tonight, we made tremendous improvement on offense and that's almost as satisfying to me as the win. I still scratch my head at times and don't agree with the offensive philosophy at times, but so be it.

If anything the silver lining from the events of last week is that the staff made changes and improved the product. I feel pretty good about that.

4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Absolutely. I thought the play calling for much of the second half was ultra conservative and it almost cost them.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Wow. LSU beats Florida on the road and the Miles haters are still at it.

Funny stuff.

6-0, with a balanced offense, a nasty defense, and still relatively healthy (knocking on wood). Big games coming up after McNeese. But what a ride.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I would like to see Lee play more, but I saw value in having Jefferson take series. Before the game I wanted Lee to play the whole game. But now I can see that maybe we are a two QB team right now. Hell, it worked.

I don't know; maybe it's like a friend of mine. He has a wife that is sometimes wonderful and sometimes maddening, but she is never boring. At times I envy him and at times I feel sorry for him. Sometimes I wonder, if he's getting more out of life because he lives every minute intensely.

Right now we are at the top of the SEC West. And you know what you call anyone who predicted that 6 days ago? A MF Lying SOB.

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't know what the coaches did differently this week but I hope they keep on doing it. No the win wasn't perfect, 2 turnovers led to easy short field touchdowns. If course that can be improved. But the way the team played was different. Disciplined. Eliminated the stupid penalties from mental mistakes. That's a key. Tigers always play with heart. Tonight they played with some brains too.

Kudos!

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

The fact that this team held their composure on the road after all the miscues says a lot about this team.....and for the coaching that I've been critical of at times. Keep it up.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The other thing that just occurred to me; the special teams gave up 14 points, and the offense bailed them out. Cool.