I thought this field was optional

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ColonelHapablap, Feb 15, 2004.

1. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

whoops

This is supposed to be a response to the bush tax cuts thread.

Why would a low dollar bring in foreign investment? I've never heard anyone make that argument. A dropping dollar means that if you invest $1 = 1 euro today in the US that tomorrow that $1 might be worth 0.99 euros. What a dropping dollar does do, however, is bolster the income of companies who do business in other currencies. When they convert their foreign currencies back into dollars, they are getting more dollars. A bunch of companies are showing improved bottom lines based mostly on this effect.

As far as taxes are concerned, I think the income tax is fundamentally immoral and that money in the hands of bureaucrats is a bad idea. I don't think 'the middle class' should pay income taxes; I don't think anyone should. I'm a BIG fan of the national sales tax idea. (see Fairtax.org) In my mind, anything that gives government the first claim on private property from people who have legally obtained it is bad, and anything that reduces government income is good for the country, ESPECIALLY at the federal level. If money is going to be taxed and spent, it ought to be by local governments who are actually accountable to an electorate instead of somebody who represents millions of people. And by the way, tax cuts have been demonstrated to work. The last 3 expansions have been spurred by tax cuts (1982-1990 - Reagan cuts, 1994-2000 - Capitol gains cuts, 2002-present - Bush cuts).

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Cottonbowl66 where you at?

I'd love to hear what he says about this....

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Cottonbowl don't dare take up this one............

Still waiting..........:D

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

One democrat to another ..........OMG Captain Kirk we have someone making sense here. Oh I know let's ignore him, maybe he will go away! Beam us up Scotty. err cotton bowl I mean mr. sulu get us outta here fast these people are WAY to informed and might accidentally make an informed voting decision~! SPOCK should we as loyal democrats OVERIDE the prime directive? Absolutely, we must control the nation at all costs or we are "doomed" !! ( said with all the drama one can muster from the fed-ex commercial)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

RottenBowels is DOOMED to eternal ignorance.