I thought we could keep our current health plans ...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUsupaFan, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I've had the same insurance coverage for nearly 25 years. In most years there's a slight increase in premiums due to inflation, etc. Over the years I've had a few occasions where the premiums actually dropped a few dollars. Regardless...the change has been minimal in either direction even when adding children to the plan.

That all changed last year when I had the largest increase in premiums ever. My doctors didn't change...their offices weren't any different...the treatment wasn't better or more advanced...so I wanted to know why the premium increase was warranted.

After numerous calls attempting to receive an answer guess what I finally learned? Three guesses?

Can I keep my current plan? Absolutely...for now at least.

Will I pay more than ever due to Obamacare? Absolutely...and probably forever.

Thanks for nothing!!!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Competition, not government intrusion, is the key.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Amen
    by the way it wasn't for nothing. It cost a trillion dollars. It's benifit is millions of voters that will be afarid of losing their coverage for their families if they don't vote democrat. It also cost the Medicare program five hundred billion over ten years while the population is growing older and the stress on Medicare will only rise. They say they are cutting waste. If cutting doctor payments is waste then they are doing what they say.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble