I tried to say months ago

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

No he left because of his ego. Going to the highest level of football satisfies his ego . But his ego was also adversely affected by hearing disapproval.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

His exact comment, in context:

".......... That is the commitment that we will have to try to improve the quality of peaople, players, and every part of the organization so that we work together as a team.. and I think being a team is very very important in a situation like this.... uhh.. our fans at LSU, when I first went there boo'd and I very simply said you know, we say that our place in Tiger Stadium is the most difficultplace to play in college football but do you realize guys when you boo our team, that you're helping our opponents? and it's all of a sudden not become one of the most difficult palces to play.. so the fans are a part of that team as well in how they support the team, the positive attitude that they have. I think everybody wants to be successful and everybody's gotta be committed to their role that's gonna help us be successful, in every aspect of the organization. uh with the players, with the people who support the team............"

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Dayum :dis:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

His comments had NOTHING to do with the booing in a game this past season....

Nice try in an attempt to pat yourself on the back.

In fact, if you recall that particular game against troy, Saban's comments after the game were of approval of the fans behavior at the end of that game becuase they chanted LSU LSU LSU and helped rally the team to win in the late goings of the game.

5. Tigerskin

I explained to you last time why he redirected those comments after the Troy State game. I posted the reason then quickly deleted it because some people did not want to have that on a public message board. Go ahead. Keep believing it didn't bother him. Does someone have a guilty conscience?

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Maybe the booing did have something to do with it. If you remember, he stated that the reason he left Michigan Sate was that the administration did not stroke his ego when the fans booed him. Maybe he requires constant adulation.

7. Tigerskin

Exactly. He has unrealistic expectations. He can go apesh!t after a bad play but if we get aggravated we are the bad guys. He ain't seen nothing yet. With that said I will never forget the good times and the National Championship.