I want to see LSU win but.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, May 2, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Gimme a break.....

You don't think Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban know whats going on???

Look at what Jimbo Fisher did for Josh Booty and Rohan Davey not to mention Reggie
    Slack a few years back!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Are natives of Lesbia called Lesbiats? No. Natives of Idio are called Idions. People who make senseless posts are called Idiots.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They still might be aliens. Or maybe Aliats

:D

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I will make a prediction right here right now.
    Save this post for December......

We will lose only 1 game in the regular season next year....
    Our D will be just as good if not better than last year.

I'm not saying we will win the SEC CG or the National Championship next year
    but who's got the offense to play against our D???

Maybe Florida or Georgia only, we probably will lose 1 of those games.

If we manage to win both of these games I don't think we will lose a game in
    the regular season.. :helmet: :lsup: ;)

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

The only way lilcrawdad knows more about football than Nick Saban is if we are talking Euro soccer...and even then, Nick probably is probably still king!

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

A little too cocky IMO. These teams aren't as bad as you make them out to be, especially OSU.

8. edyel

edyel edyel

There were times when Rohan and Matt looked like crap. They won us championships. Development of players is everything,coaching is everything. We have,literally,the best head coach,offensive coach and defensive coach in the nation. The Q.B. situation will shake out, book it.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

(SIGH) :dis:

How quickly we forget that we are dealing with 18-22 year old young men here. How quickly and viciously we turn on our own when they fail to live up to expectations. It needs to stop NOW!

Facts:

Rohan Davey played like absolute garbage in his first collegiate start, throwing three interceptions before being yanked in a 41-7 loss at home vs. Auburn. He went on to lead LSU to an SEC Championship (with a little help from Matt Mauck and some others, of course).

Josh Booty committed all manner of maddening errors in several games he played. Just like Rohan. But many forget, the 2000 season wouldn't have gone very well had he not stepped up and led at a critical time.

Matt Mauck looked almost pathetic at times in 2002. Remember 4-for-12 against Miss. State? But he led us to a national championship this season, our first in 45 years.

Marcus Randall has done what all three of these quarterbacks did in his learning experiences. What did I see in Marcus Randall these past two years. The same thing I saw with our previous three quarterbacks. I saw talent. I saw occasional flashes of brilliance that let me know this kid is capable of doing great things. I also saw mistakes and mental errors that drove me insane and left me scratching my head. But you know what, it's not easy to learn on the job in the SEC. He was thrown to the wolves in 2002, and despite all that went wrong, he showed me something against South Carolina, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

If he can play like THAT, and mature just a little, the job is his, and we're not gonna have any problems. We will be fine.

But regardless of who lines up under center against Oregon State this September, they will have my full support as a Tiger fan. If you do not feel the same way because Coach Saban and Coach Fisher didn't pick "your guy," then I think that says something about how much of a Tiger "fan" you really are.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think some people just get the feeling (whether valid or not) that Randall is lacking something to lead this team. I am not a coach nor claim to know anything but its a feeling i didnt have of the other QBs....from mauck to rohan. Kinda that feeling I had every time Josh Booty was in there. Something was always off it seemed. Im not bashing either kid, Im just trying to give what I think some people as well as I feel. But hey, Im sure Jimbo knows a little bit more than I do.