I was just over at the Auburn board....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Sep 1, 2006.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

I was just over at the Auburn board and they had a discussion on Lou Holtz. The were talking about how bad Lou Holtz is as an analyst. I personally agree with them about Lou but one Auburn fan talked about how ESPN fired Trev Alberts and how good of an analyst Trev Alberts was. ARE THEY JOKING?? Trev Alberts was and is still an idiot. He wouldn't know good college football if it hit him in the face. These Auburn fans need to realize what we LSU fans have already realized..... ESPN is a joke. I am getting to the point that hearing ESPN's opinions about college football ( which changes every day ) is making me sick. They are all a bunch of over paid "experts." Does anyone else seem to agree with me on this?
    :geauxtige

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He showed Auburn some love so they liked him. It's the same here, everyone hates Herby because he doesn't show LSU love.

ESPN is definitely a joke though. It's kinda frustrating sometimes to try to find some drama free college football discussions on sports shows.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

ESPN is no different from any of the other news mogols. They all want to "CREATE" the news, instead of "REPORTING" the news

4. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I agree with you guys about ESPN becoming a joke and creating the news instead of covering it, but I have to diagree with 2 things that were said about Trev.

I like Trev and thought he was the best analyst ESPN had. I was sad to see him go.

However, Auburn fans do not like him because 'he shows us love'. Before, during, and after the 2003 season, Trev talked about how over-rated Auburn was, and how we would be exposed during the season. Well he was completely right about that. AU fans hated him for it, but hey it was the truth. Fast foward to 2004, and he is talking about how good of a team we had and how we should have played USC in the Orange Bowl. That is when our fans started to like him again.

But I liked him the whole time. He calls it like he sees it and doesn't care who he pisses off. It's refreshing.

5. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Trev has gotten more things wrong then right. He picked against LSU all year long for the big games in 2003. LSU showed him wrong. He kept going on and on before the 2003 SECCG about how bad Georgia was going to dominate us. He is so much of a joke that even ESPN fired him.

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

In this celebrity driven world we live in these days, reporting the news has become a lost art form. But we all know entirely too much about Britney and K-Fed.

Thank god we will always have Ron Burgandy.

7. BigWee_TEAMKATT

How is this not liking him because he showed Auburn "love"?

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Just make sure you "Report" the news on the Geaux Show tommorrow

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

Every time Trev spoke, a puppy was killed. That's no lie.

10. BigWee_TEAMKATT

Yep, now they have hired Todd Blackledge, who used to do commentary with Verne on CBS. I don't know how much insight this guy will give considering David Pollack is not in college anymore. "His motor never stops." How many of y'all remember that?