I was wrong, thanks for the negative rep!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mccoy1000, May 26, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

only conference champs in their division against the best conference RPI in baseball.

surely you should pay closer attention. you missed a lot of wins against SEC opponents who were most all ranked in the top 25.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

LSU has the best attended regional year in and year out. That alone will land us one.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Some people don't understand how important that is. Never fear, we'll be in BR for the regional. Any bets on where we end up for the super?

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Follow college baseball. It's all about the bid. LSU's a money maker for the NCAA. LSU could be seeded 4th in the regional and still host. Money is the reason Tulane is dying to host in Metairie. Turchin can not generate the revenue needed for a $250,000 bid. If the scum could come up with that kind of money, Tulane and LSU would both host annually.

5. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

There are 16 Regional Sites & LSU will host.....

The Regionals are selected with money being a major factor. Super Regionals
    are dictated by the National Seeds. LSU will be able to host Regional but will only hosta a Super Regional if the Top 8 national seed LSU is paired with loses in the Regionals, which is what happened last year when A&M beat Rice and A&M came to Baton Rouge.

LSU's main concern at this point is going to be getting out of the Baton Rouge regional because after the way LSU has performed in the SEC Tournament, the NCAA is likely to send a very good team here to play.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'm hoping and praying for Oxford. It's probably our best chance of getting to Omaha (provided, of course, we get past the regional).

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm hoping Tulane doesn't make a bid on Zephyr Field for the SR. I know the Zephyrs are at home that weekend, but they may be willing to cut a deal for Tulane to use that field.

If that happens, I have little doubt in my mind that the NCAA would pair us up with Tulane so they can make a ton of money.

Otherwise, I'd agree with you on an Ole Miss pairing...

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

If Ole Miss is a top 8 and they lose in their regional, could we end up hosting a super like last year when Rice got knocked off by TAM? I hope we just don't get shipped off to Tulame.
    I don't think it's debatable we'll get a regional but I don't think it's debatable either that we'll host a SR. I also agree with Dandy that we'll get a strong #2 seed which will make things interesting.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sure, it could happen. LSU will be a #1 seed in their regional, so if the top 8 seed would lose their regional, we'd be in line to host the SR.

But for the first time in many years, I'm a little concern about getting out of our own regional. I just don't know if Mestepey is good enough right now to beat a #4 seed in the first game of our regional. And if you start Smith in the first game, you burn your best pitcher against the worst team in the regional. I'd prefer to have Smith or Dirks available to pitch the championship game on Sunday.

Should be interesting (that's an understatement) to see what Smoke does ...

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My diehard LSU heart wants to believe it.....but my brain and eyes, that have witnessed a few Tulane games on tv this season think that they will be a force. I HOPE they choke...but I think they'll play very, very hard and be a tough opponent.