I wonder......(recruits)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 11, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder if there were any recruits in the Swamp this past weekend that Florida and LSU are after that thought to themselves, man, that guy is crazy, (miles), I want to play for him...

Is there any way to find out which recruits were at that game?

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Here you go:

I bolded Jernigan and Anthony both are being recruited heavily by LSU. Marcus Roberson is a long-shot but someone we have showed interest in.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So do you think we have a better shot at those kids after saturday, or does it not really matter too much?

4. bhelmLSU

Jernigan loves us and it could only help. UF is the team to beat because even though he downgraded his interest in them somewhat his entire HS coaching staff is really putting on the UF pressure.

Anthony is hard to gauge. But it had to help. Chavis is on him really hard and we just have to hope we can get a surprise commitment from him at the end.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Depends on how each coaching staff spins it.

For us, Miles can easily talk about how our defense dominated Florida and if not for the two turnovers, the Gators never would have been in position to make it a game. Then he can talk about his trust in his players to pull off trick plays and going for the win.

For Urban, he can spin it and say how they roared back and if not for an "illegal pass", they would have won.

So, ultimately, I don't think it matters too much. With the level of most of these recruits, I don't think one game matters--especially when you talk about LSU/Florida, 2 teams that are 3-3 against one another under their current coaches, 2 teams that have won 4 :crystal: this decade and 2 of the last 3.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont think recruits make decisions on one game.

But I have read and heard that kids WANT to play for Miles because he is a great guy.
    Look how his players came to his defense recently.
    Look at Shepard he came to LSU BECAUSE of Miles.

So kids want to play for him not just because of wins or losses because regardless of what people think of his game day ability.
    He is a great person, a good leader of young men, and he is a great recruiter.

7. bhelmLSU

Rarely see any one game as a deciding factor no matter how staffs try to spin it. It does leave an impression, however. Especially in this case where it seems like it is going to be a LSU/UF battle for Jernigan. You know he was paying attention to the dlines in this one. It can't hurt the way we performed but other recruiting factors will carry more weight.