I won't bash Tenn on their board.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

No I would not hire Fulmer if Saban retired. He is a Tennessee man any. I also would not fire him if he had the job at LSU with the same record he has at tennessee. I'm not really trying to change your mind, Just giving an opinion. I like Saban, he has alot more personality than most coaches and he has a chance to be a great coach for LSU. Now, that said, Im ready for the Tigers to kick MSU's @$$. Geaux Tigers!!!!!

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

HC Fulmer really had them ready today.

Phil Fulmer really had his team ready today against Rutgers. There's no doubt that he's one of the Top 5 Coaches in the SEC East.:cool:

3. msully

msully Founding Member

The next 3 games will tell what kind of a coach Sabin is I think maybe he is better than I think he is if the LSU defense gets better stronger the offense will score . I saw coach Saban acting the way Steve Spurrier acted late in the game . A pass play LSU stopped it but not the way or where Sabin wanted it stopped . He should have told the player good job but that is not what his lips were saying , of course he maybe a yankee and I can not read yankee lips very good . Then , that maybe what makes the great coaches , riding hard all the time . GEAUX TIGERS!!! Sully said that . You hear ? Have a great week .

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Saban antics

Saban was not upset, according to the post game interview, about the play of the team on the interception play, it was the plays preceding it. I had noticed it also and had comented to my son, that on the previous play the tigers did not give much effort. Saban was upset, as he should be if a player was dogging it and does not get line up properly and timely. That cost us the Gay interception. It also cost Mississippi State a touchdown when they lined up offsides on our fieldgoal attempt. We kept the drive alive and scored.
    Givem hell Saban. LOL

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

"maybe what makes the great coaches , riding hard all the time"

You are right on target with that one Sully. A great coach can be your best friend or your worst nightmare and be both acht the same time Ask anybody who played for Vince Lombardi in the
    60's, Chuck Noll in the 70's, Bill Walsh in the 80's, Jimmy Johnson in the 90's or for Bear Bryant at any time. Right now Saban is a very, very good coach. I think he has what it takes to become a great coach but only time will tell whether he does or not