iCarez cell phone screen protector

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Jan 25, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I quit using them after a month. The glass on my iphone is far tougher than that plastic sheet and has no scratches despite being carried in a pocket with other stuff. The bubbles and scratches just piss me off. And they won't prevent the glass from breaking if it gets a big impact. It's like those "bras" that they put on some sports cars . . . I just don't get it.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you dont need them with new samsungs or iphones. big marketing scam.

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Screen protectors went out with the advent of Gorilla Glass. I quit buying them. My Motorola MotoX has no scratches at all, I've had it for almost a year. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.6") a few months ago... again, no "screen protector"... still no scratches. Like Red said, that plastic cover won't protect it from a drop, so now they aren't all that useful.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hmm, and I just put one on my phone

6. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well it doesn't hurt anything to put them on. Actually, the companies that make them probably want you to believe you need it.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I am brutal on cell phones. If nothing else I'm convinced that I need it.

8. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Same here. Hell, I went through 2 phones last year. And well as cheap as they are now, seems like the added peace of mind is worth the trouble, even if it is a somewhat false peace. I invest my money in good, hard-shell cases for my phones now.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Now, I do have a case for my iPhone, but it is so slender and thin that you really can't tell it's in a case. It's mainly just a thin, tough Lexan back with a thin rubber bumper around the edges. Very thin. In my experience the things get damaged when you drop them on a corner and this helps with that a lot.

I hate those huge bulky, thick cases many people lug phones around in. The iPhone is not that fragile. At least not the way I use them. If I worked in a rock quarry, I might feel differently.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah those otterboxes and lifecases suck. they sorta kill any use of the phone because they are too bulky and decrease the sensitivity which is annoying. much nicer to have nothing prohibitive on the screen.