ICING ON THE CAKE....FRAN HAS NO CLASS.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

And you are telling us something we did not figure out after the LSU?Bama game ???

The funny thing is Bama fans were swearing this guy was the greatest and how jealous we should be because they have Fran, and how he is the new best coach in the SEC.

I made the mistake of checking out Bama boards, they are now saying he was not that good anyway and we are better off without him.
    That was funny.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

As I said this was the Icing on the Cake!!!

Yes, it's interesting to see how quick fans can turn. But I'm sure we'd do the same if old Saban left like that.

4. TexasTigers

No I dont think so. I think we are all sort of waiting for Saban to leave. I think about 2 or 3 more years with Saban. The difference is Saban already has 3 years, has won an SEC title, built our program back into a top 25 team, etc etc. Saban has not promised fans or players anything. Fran who we all knew was somewhat of an idiot but Bama fans would say we were "Jealous".

If Saban left we would be upset, but to be honest if he leaves at the end of the Season for the NFL or something like that. I would be the first to Applaud him and say. Thanks Saban, you made us proud of our boys again...

But that is me.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

If Saban up and left for anything other than a HC job in the NFL the LSUNation would go nuts. I don't know that i agree he has built this program back into a top 25 team yet.....we're hangin on to the top 25 by our teeth right now. Is he making progress toward that goal....absolutely. If he left now I would be pissed.....leave in a couple of years once the program is re-established then i would wish him well. My reasoning he has spoke of rebuilding the program (that's a promise in and of itself) and to leave before it's done wouldn't be right.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Texastigers, I haven't seen those bama fans on this board this week. You thinkd they stayed in Hawii. Its all ways disappointing when people shovel up stuff and when it doesn't happen like they wanted you don't see em for awhile.

7. TexasTigers

Really, Lets see Saban loses his Starting QB, his Starting FS (WHo is basically the QB on Defense) and his starting TB for the year. Right in the battle of the SEC. He is basically rebuilding from losing Rohan Davey and Josh Reed. He was forced to start QB's who have never played College Football. Before all this he hands Florida the worse loss in 26 years at home. Yet goes 8-4, and was 23 seconds away from defending the SEC crown and sugar bowl title he got the year before. Come on we are rebuilding this year, lets face it...

Tubby, Fran no one has matched that record.

I am thankful we have him, and if he did leave, I would be thankful for the years we had him.

He has made LSU football great again.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

With the season over (except a bowl) I try to look back at the season in a little more objective mind. Let me first say i want the Tigers to win Championships as much as any other guy. But:

1) Beat Florida - Fla was stinking up the field at that time of the year....and for the most part still are...we did not beat a typical Florida team; Ole Miss beat them and they stunk this year;

2) Loss to Auburn - With James and/or Mauck and/or Toe I don't think the game would have been much different. Might have been closer but I doubt we would have won;

3) Loss to Bama - I don't care who we had back it wouldn't have mattered;

4) Win over Kentucky - Luck but D. James probably could have had a hand in stopping some of those TD passes;

5) Win over Ole Miss - This one goes overlooked but we are a Ole Miss helmet away from losing that one;

6) Loss to Ark - Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

These struggles don't look to me like a re-built team but a re-building team. Still in the process.

The best this team played this year was the 3rd Qtr of the S. Carolina game.......when we play close to that consistently then you know this team is rebuilt.

I await my tongue lashing!!!

9. TexasTigers

No tounge lashing brother. We just agree to disagree. I will give you Saban has made a few choice I would prefer he did not do (Play to not lose as opposed to win see UK and Arky) . However I will take all his good with some of his bad.

Also I dont blame Saban for Jack Hunt and Webster letting a WR get 15 yards behind them when everyone in the nation knew what they were going to do. I also dont blame Saban for the way Randall played.

The Auburn game, WE had I believe 5 turnovers. 4 because of Randal. Take away 3 of those and we win the game. Sorry but those turnover caused us to get out of our gameplan. That loss rest soley on the shoulders of Randall.

I dont know, I guess Saban has purchased some leeway from me. I was a bit upset about the play calling at the end of the Arky game, I was hoping we would get a pass rush on. But to be honest I think Saban did one hell of a job this year with what he had to work with.

I think 2004 Saban is going to shock the world....

We will have one hell of a team in about another year or so.
    Not that we suck now.

I guess we all think a bit differently. Saban is the best coach we have had since Mac. (Arnsparger maybe)

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I think our only difference is where the status of the program is today. I think it is a little further behind where you do....that's what makes these boards great you can express you opinion.

I will say the Ark game irked me a bit as well. I didn't have a problem with the prevent D b/c i guarantee he told the DBs don't let anyone get behind you 100 times. Can't blame him for that. What bothered me wasn't the field goal but how we went about doing it. On that drive we without question had Ark confused as to what we were going to run. On the 3rd down, instead of lining up in the power-I and letting everyone including my 4 yr old daughter know what we were about to do i would have spread it out and run it. I did think for a minute he might run the bootleg out of it...which probably would've got the first down if not the TD.

I agree with what Saban had to work with this year he did a pretty good job. He had his bad moments though as we've noted. Expectations were unjustifiably high.

I think '04 is the year also. '03 i expect something similar to this year. Filling the holes on D with be the problem in '03 as opposed to filling the holes on O this year.