idea?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tocktick20, Oct 31, 2003.

1. tocktick20

tocktick20 Freshman

think anyone with the rights will ever put famous lsu football games on a dvd and sell them at tiger stadium? I think lsu could make a lot of money but i have no idea how much it costs to make the dvds? Main players in the games could be tracked down and interviewed, maybe some commentary (kevin faulk, matt mauck, etc.), Can anyone think of what other extras you would like to see in a perfect world? What games would you pick? I would pick:

lsu florida 97
    lsu auburn 88 (if thats the earthquake game)
    lsu auburn 95
    lsu tennessee 01
    lsu alabama 93
    lsu kentucky 02 (extras having ALL possible footage of the kentucky celebration)

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Ole Miss 1972
    Bill Arnsbargers first game, 21-21 tie with Florida, 1984, I believe.
    USC game 1985??
    Fog game Florida State & oranges - 1984 or 85?
    Lsu-Nebraska - 1976? (tie)

As you can see, my dates may all be off some

3. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I think in one of the games in 94 (maybe 93), Eddie Kennison set the record for longest punt return in LSU history, 100 yards if I remember correctly. I was sitting in the south endzone. I've never seen it on TV, but would love to. I think he also returned another one for a TD in that game.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Kennison's punt return was against Miss. St., I think it was 1994....that was awesome...I had the privilege of being at the game, that was the first game I have ever been to, that I can remember...I was 13

If I remember correctly he fielded it on the bounce then was hit on about the 1 and was knocked into the endzone. He then broke a couple more tackles IN the endzone, then broke it and took it the distance.....I remember thinking to myself "What are you doing???....Oh Ok!!!!!"

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

i was at the infamous "oranges" game against Florida State.

That poor guy on the horse...succh a shame he nearly died from flying oranges. Teach him to throw a flaming spear into our midfield logo.

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Ole Miss 59 could be cobbled together somewhat from the coach's films.

I'd want them to dub Hawthorne over the national announcers. But I'd definitely buy that kind of stuff. They could sell them at $20-$25 a pop, maybe 50,000 of each.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I could see them doing more of a collage of games. Like the great drives and/or plays. It would also be neat for former coaches or players to comment and give insight on the games they were involved in.

8. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

That's pretty much the way I remember it, but I think he may have even bobbled the ball a bit at first. It seemed like all of the action took place right in front of me. It looked like an inevitable safety, then boom, off to the races.

9. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I see this as being more reasonable. Just the highlights -- I mean, if you want the 'Earthquake' game, you really just want the last 5 minutes of the game. The rest of it was a complete snorefest.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Notre Dame '71 (Or was that 1972?).