Identity Problems?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

It has been said that a team needs to develop an identity. It gives them a core and a purpose which drives them on to face each challenge. The team needs to know who they are. Ever since I heard this said, I watched a number of teams and those that lacked identity didn't perform to their potential. So, what is the identity of this team?

We have a great defense that is suprassing every expectation that I had going into this season. We have an offense that is led by one of the most talented QB's in College Football although he seems to struggle in the big games. We have no running game but we have tremendous talent in the backfield. We have several great recievers that play incredibly hard every game but one of them just continues to fall short of what he could be. The Special teams are failing. All of this under a coaching staff that should be one of the best in the country. A staff that boasts two top notch coordinators that could be head coaching candidates in time.

There is no doubt this team has heart and character. Everyone proved that last year when they courageously faced the events of 2005 and still came out a winner. I am still amazed at what they all pulled off together. It is also what defined that team. Maybe they were playing above their abilities and this year is where they are supposed to be. Maybe this team is not quite as good as we thought but are a year away. We lost some significant talent after all and that has not been easy to replace.

So then it is up to all of them, led by their coaches, to find the same motivation and focus they had last year. The core will be different but the result should be the same. Who are they and what are they playing for? As the blame for everything falls on the entire team and staff so does the challenge of fixing the problem. If this is the right staff and we have the right players they will get there. Maybe this is that defining point in the season where they find their identity. This is the point where the true leadership will step up. Someone should seize this incredible opportunity.

Hopefully they will.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We shall find out at Neyland Stadium.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not disagreeing but just who are these teams you have noted. Curious to see who you identify.

4. islstl

Miami, would be one. The only problem is they have the identity of being a bunch of thugs. So maybe not.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I've read where the team has quit on Coker, don't know if this is true or not and I haven't seen them play this year. So I guess their identity not only includes thugs but quitters also if what I have read and heard on the radio is true.

Concerning the Tigers, its like we are all waiting for someone to just take things over on the offense and it just has not happened for whatever reason. Last year it was Joe Addai, he always seamed to be able to get it going and keep the offense balanced and moving. I say that but we had 22 first downs to Florida's 14. This is all very maddening. Good night !

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Have you guys tried identity theft?

7. islstl

Bottom line, this coach needs to show leadership, yet we get the exact opposite.