If a new election were held this very day...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

between Bush and Kerry... who would win?

Bush or Dean?
    Bush or Clark?
    Bush or Hillary?

Clark, I think, would clean Bush's clock. The others are more problematic.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I agree.

Why, then, didn't he win the Democratic primary election? Why was the absolute buffoon Dean even close to being a frontrunner?

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Given his Vietnam decorations primary voters felt that Kerry's patriotism could defeat Bush's AWOL history. Everybody underestimated the absolute sleaziness of Karl Rove, and his shameful smear campaign against Kerry in the form of Swift Boat Liars for Bush.

Despite all that, I'm still convinced Kerry got more votes. Where there is an easy avenue to corruption you can bet that corrupted it will be.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

As opposed to an actual retired General? I'm actually laughing out loud on this one, Rex. NOBODY IN THE ELECTION WAS AS REMOTELY PATRIOTIC AS GEN. WESLEY CLARK.

It came down to a couple of things.

1) The American people have never voted a president out of office in the middle of a war.

2) Kerry's photos picturing him shaking hands with NVA leadership and protesting really took him down a notch.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Rex, get over it Kerry lost and Bush won. You can be convinced Kerry got more votes all you want but it doesn't change the fact that he didn't. Bush got 3,012,497 more votes than Kerry. Are you alleging that Bush was somehow able to steal 3 million votes from Kerry? What about the GOP picking up 4 seats in the Senate and 2 in the House? I guess the GOP had a role in stealing those seats too, same goes for the 11 states that voted to ban same-sex marriages, GOP rigged the elections.

I'll even give you that the Swift Boats may not have been 100% truthful but what about the Dan Rather incident, because that sure was 100% factual. The sad thing about American politics is that there are very very few politicians who are willing to tell the truth.

The smear campaigns we undergo in modern times though is nothing compared to the beginning of our Republic when the Federalists and the Republicans both viewed each other as illegitimate, with the Republicans viewing the the Federalists as trying to bring back the Monarchy and the Feds viewing the Reps as trying to create anarchy and force the Republic to fall apart.

6. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Clark got into it too late to win the early primaries.

Dean was assaulted by the media and a press conference at 2am after a stunning upset loss primary cost him the presidency.

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=4839&fcategory_desc=Under%20Reported

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

You got to be kidding me? Roll over and go back to sleep.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I can't imagine being so foolish as to think there's such a big difference between Kerry and Bush that I would STILL be upset about who won. And then convincing myself there were votes stolen?

Wow, the asylum has broadband.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sounds like someone needs another cruise. without it.

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Huh??