If Auburn is 7-0, and #1 in the nation, when they visit Tiger Stadium,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PaulP, Aug 16, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

As long as either team has no more than 1 loss a piece it should be a Top 10 vs Top 10 matchup. I am sure ESPN is rooting for us both to make CBS jelous that they didn't pick it up. I wonder if we can get some deal done where the LSU/Auburn game is always on ESPN every year.

2. sportbama101

sportbama101 Freshman

Hey I like your Tiger. I will be watching when LSU playes Auburn.

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I'd love to see Auburn vs. LSU play undefeated.

Question though . . Since 1992 - how many times has LSU beaten Florida. I can think of 2? But I think there are more . .I may be wrong . .

Reason I ask is that since 1993 (rounding an even 10) . .the series is Auburn 6 LSU 4 . . Have you beaten Florida more than twice the last 10 years . .I THINK you have . .but could be wrong . .so really the two series aren't much different from a head to head standpoint . . .

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since 1992 LSU has beaten Florida only twice - 1997 and 2002

source - http://www.tigerdroppings.com/history/

5. Reauxrin' Tiger

Reauxrin' Tiger Founding Member

Does anyone remember where Auburn was ranked before the "Bring the Magic Back" Game? I think they were top 5.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think anybody is going to get through the SEC schedule without a loss. The SEC champion may have 2 losses this year.

And Chuck, why in the world would anybody think what Hallman's and Dinardo's teams in the 1990's did against Florida has any bearing on Nick's teams in the 21st century?

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

actually red55 . I was directing it directly towards this exact quote from an LSU fan on this board:

"It would not be as sweet as beating the Gators. Because we have beaten Auburn numbers of times before, But we dont beat florida that much and beating Steve Spurrier is always sweet!"

Saban has equal victories against Florida as he does against Auburn . .so I guess that further refutes the quote . .

I really did think you guys had beaten Florida more than twice in the last 10 . .that surprised me . .I thought you beat them at home twice . . .

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

LSU has been a very average team until Saban has gotten here. Two many head coaches in a short period of time and not keeping the good assistant coaches. Give Saban another two recruiting years and LSU will be an annual top 5 team. We don't share our top recuits with another state school.

9. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

I think Auburn was ranked 4th when they lost to LSU in "Bring the magic BAck"

Pretty darn sure!