If Coach Eaux beats Bama, sign the contract on November 6th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No, not really.

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is what I think. No way I would suggest Bama is not very good. However, USC is in s down year, Tennessee had a ton of injuries, ole miss-see what we just did to them. I know they're good, I'm just not drinking the nasty Bama press corps koolaid yet. That's not to say stupid things like...they're not good or smoke and mirrors or anything of the sort.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

If we can contain Hurts and the OL open some holes for LF7, we can win that game. And most importantly, don't give Bama any defensive points. That streak needs to end in Tiger Stadium.

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is true.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think we have a chance against bama. Very curious to see the line when it comes out.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I hope it's double digits

7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I'll be more forgiving and say... if O wins out except for Bama, but makes them earn the win, I'm still on the "Keep Coach O" bandwagon. Picking up a team a few games in then beating a team like Bama seems like fantasy at this point.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They beat the number 6 team by 19 points.

Jalen Hurts in basically 7 full games now has accounted for 300 yards per game and a whopping 20 touchdowns.

This is the most dangerous offense I have seen them field. They have never had a qb this explosive. Cam Newton 2.0

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I agree, I think the '11 team was by far their best. That D was just ridiculous. Everyone knew what LSU was going to do that year but no one came close to stopping them except Bama.

Now this years team offense is more explosive because of the QB. I agree the RB's are not what we've seen in the past but the WR's are better. I think the '11 OL was better.

It's going to be a slugfest in two weeks. I feel good for the first time in a few years.

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Sure, but how did the #6 team play? If you give up non offensive points to the best team in the country and fail to tackle their QB, you will lose by 19 points. But they are susceptible to the pass and if you contain their QB they could have some problems moving the ball. It was 13-14 at half until aTm stopped tackling and started to turn the ball over.