If Jamarcus Had Stayed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Sure, his receivers would drop 2 out of every 3 balls. But at least we'd have some semblance of a vertical passing attack!

He definitely wouldn't have underthrown LaFell twice in the second half on potential game-winning TD's.

Heck, he might as well have stayed. He's not even getting close to seeing playing time in Oakland!

He is getting paid, though. :wink:

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

This post serves no purpose but to complain. Our coaches and players are going to have a great week preparing for the Auburn game. We got punched in the nose by Kentucky. Now we are going to go out and have our most physical game of the year against Auburn. Can't wait to see our Tigers take their game to the next level. :geauxtige

2 people like this.
  3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Physical football is a given in the SEC.

And it doesn't matter how physical you are, if opposing defenses can line all 11 men within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage because they don't respect your passing game, you're going to have trouble.

Ask Arkansas.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

JaMarcus didn't stay. Deal with it. Why waste your time thinking about something that can't possibly happen? For all those who wanted Flynn the last two years, now you know why JaMarcus was starting, and went #1 overall in the draft.

TC,

I must say your posts irritate me because they are unbalanced, being totally negative. Our Tiger team is NOT totally negative. We're still top 5 -7, depending on the poll, the players are great, and the coaches have done a good job. See the record and the ranking for proof.

You can post what you want, but if you just want to be a nattering naybob of negativity, you won't have any support on this board.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Russell had returned, LSU's offense would be a handful for any team in the country. Russell was #1 in SEC passsing efficiency and had a 67% average. Flynn is #10 and has a 53% average.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Remember hearing "PUT IN FLYNN!" the last couple of years? Well, now we've got him. He's the best we have, so deal with it. He hasn't done a bad job at all. He's not going to toss the ball the length of the field, but he's still a smart quarterback (save for the holding onto the ball when getting sacked, but that's better than him throwing it up for grabs).

All this "Where's Perriloux?" crap gets old, too. I'll take senior leadership over pure physical ability.

As per the logic of many fans: No matter who the starter is, the backup will always be "better" (as if the fans always know more than the coach).

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Randall Starting: Put Russell in, Marcus sucks!!!
    Russell Starting: Put Flynn in, jaMarcus sucks!!!
    Flynn Starting: Put RP in, Matt sucks!!!

But hey, I do believe Russell would be doing a lot better that Flynn is right now. However, the guy who truly wants to be here is playing on the field for us every Saturday.

8. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Come on, Hou, just about everything I post is tongue-in-cheek. I love my Tigers, just as you do.

I cannot say with honesty, however, that I have confidence in Matt Flynn and the Tiger passing game.

This year reminds me of Saban's last year, 2004, when Marcus Randall was the primary QB.

Tigers had a terrific D and a solid running game, but couldn't get the ball down the field through the air consistently. Tigers wound up with 3 losses that year. I believe they'll end up with that many this year.

I really do hope I'm wrong, though. :geauxtige

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

thank you for reminding me why I don't come to any message boards for three days after a loss. See everyone on Wednesday.

10. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle!

2 people like this.