If Jared Mitchell Returns Punts v. Florida...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Sep 22, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

we're f----d!

2. edyel

edyel edyel

Rain..wet ball.. give the guy a break.:thumb:

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

It didn't rain last week when he muffed v. MTSU.

Remember, if Chevis doesn't muff a punt v. Florida last year, Tigers likely win. Everything fell apart from THAT point! This year, the PR team is again the Tigers' biggest weakness.

Little doubt the game v. the Gators will be close. Please, Early, come back in two weeks if only to fair catch punts!

How much of a shame is it that with all the speed on the field for the Tigers, they have one of the worst PR games in the NATION!

4. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

couldn't agree more. you mean with all the talented skill guys we have on this team we can't find somebody who can reliably handle the ball and also be a threat to go all the way?

1 person likes this.
  5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I will be critical with this point. Mitchell has quickly turned into our "handsofstone" guy. He only had one ball today he didnt miss or muff. Now I know why he hasnt been given many props from our insiders who post here. He wont get many more chances to prove himself.

6. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

It is a mystery.

Holliday must be really uncomfortable/unreliable back there, as he'd be an obvious choice.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

On coaches radio show last week...he said he was gonna start JM at PR. Then went on to say that if that didn't work out, he might put in TH or Chad Jones. I am baffled as to why we never tried either of the two he mentioned. I would LOVE to see Chad Jones play SOMEWHERE! But I'm not the coach...and the one we have is doing a great job. Just confusing as to why we can't find a reliable PR...considering all the athletes we have.

8. TC

TC Le Big Mac

This really ticks me off. I love Les, but doggone! After 4 games, the Tigers are 104th in the nation in punt returning!

And I will go to my grave arguing that if Chevis Jackson doesn't muff v. Florida last year, LSU beats the Gators and wins the national title. That one play changed EVERYTHING.

And it was avoidable because any novice football fan could see Chevis hadn't been comfortable returning punts all year!

Now it's Jared Mitchell's turn to screw up the Tigers season?!

Please, not again!

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

No, Doucet muffed the opening kickoff of the second half and the Gators scored a safety.

But things had already fallen apart before that. The Tigers were up 7-0 in the first half, and the defense was dominating. Florida punted to Jackson, who stood around the LSU 40. Jackson muffed. The ball bounced toward the Tiger endzone. Florida recovered. Florida scored a few plays later. The Tigers were never the same.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think LSU needs another loss. Les has 4 in 30 games and ya'll have beaten those 4 to death.

1 person likes this.