If Jared Mitchell Returns Punts v. Florida...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Sep 22, 2007.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Our kickoff and punt returns have gone downhill the past few years. Not sure if we can blame it all on the return guys. On punt returns, coverage seems to be right on top of our guys really quick. Similar thing on kickoff returns, as we don't have any running lanes opening up.

But it helps to have someone who has sure hands back there, something we seem to be lacking right now. I'm just happy when we catch the ball.

2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Not dogging Les. I love the guy. Love hearing the passion with which he speaks about the game of football. Love the way he handled the post-Katrina mess. Love the way he gets so many players involved, rewarding their hard work in the classroom, the weightroom, the practice field. Love that he has fielded one of the best teams in the nation again this year.

Yet, there is close to a consensus out there that says LSU was the best team in the SEC last year--hence, was the best team in the nation. Yet the Tigers didn't even win the SEC West.

Conservativism lost the Auburn game. A punt muff by a player who should never have been returning punts lost the Florida game.

Fair criticisms or not?

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Quick question. Which of the guys who post here are insiders? And insiders how?

4. ecinabed

ecinabed Freshman

I am soooo... very pleased I am not the only Tiger fan who feels the same way about Jared Mitchell...mercy folks....and Amen to TC's statement. I believe Mitchell needs to completely stay away from the football. I have never ever seen such a discouraging performance from an LSU receiver. I also question .......why Crowton would keep calling is number.......I am pleased we got the win.....but there are some serious issues on our offense and special teams we best take care of or we will be dismantled by Florida. GO DEFENSE!
    EC

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Sorry...

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Put the J out.

7. ecinabed

ecinabed Freshman

Put the J....out?

8. ecinabed

ecinabed Freshman

I am pleased we got the win.....but there are some serious issues on our offense and special teams we best take care of or we will be dismantled by Florida. GO DEFENSE!
    Actually my full quote was the above.
    EC

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

This is Jimmy Ott logic.

What about that fumbled snap on the goal line against UF which took the wind out of our sails? What about the 3 INT's? What about the bad decisions & taking a sack on that last drive against Auburn when the clock ran out?

See the above. You could point the finger at any number of things that "lost" those 2 games last year.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Of course they are fair. My point is that one year and 12 wins have transpired since then. Let it go.

1 person likes this.