If Jared Mitchell Returns Punts v. Florida...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Sep 22, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Sorry, but Florida doesn't even get into the game if Chevis doesn't muff. They could do nothing on offense, and the Tigers were moving the ball at will.

The Gators needed a spark just to compete, and the muff gave it to them.

As for the Auburn game, are you gonna argue that the offensive gameplan was great? I think not. And now Jimbo's in Tallahassee.

Finally, this thread is about Jared Mitchell's being an inept punt returner who could cost the team games. Are you denying that?

Come on back.

2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Believe me, SabanFan, I'd let it go if I didn't see the same punt returning problem rearing its ugly head again.

104th in the nation is where LSU ranks right now is PRs. A total of 5 returns for 24 yards all year.

That is going to hurt the Tigers if they don't improve, and soon.

Come on back.

3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

The score was 7-0 in the first half. To say that the Gators never would have competed without that play is crazy. Did that play also create a fourth dimension in which LSU's offense couldn't do anything right?

4. ecinabed

ecinabed Freshman

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I've heard Miles say great things about Chad Jones and I think he has already lost his RS, so why not try him against Tulane?

I am absolutely miffed as to why Crowton kept JM as the second receiver. Where was Tollver? I think I saw him a couple times in the 4th quarter when we were pretty much just running the ball. It would of been nice to see Byrd more too.

1 person likes this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was thinking the same thing. JM is going to be a great receiver, but he was having a brutal game yesterday. I would've liked to have seen Tolliver.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Sorry, but we continued moving the ball at will right down the field to score again, and fumbled on the goal line. (Prior to that fumble, there was a BS holding call on #79 and Hester was ruled down on 2 consecutive touchdowns. That sequence was the true backbreaker.

No, I'm not going to argue that. Both OCs played it fairly close to the vest that game. What I will argue is that we had the ball in fairly good scoring position at the end of the game, and could have at least thrown it into the endzone a few times were it not for a couple of poor decisions at the QB position. I refuse to outright blame it on the coaching staff. I instead choose to lay it on $60 million Bama boy, who won zero championships at LSU.

No, I'm just calling you out on your horsesh!t. Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  8. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Hey now, I never got nasty with you. Where are your ethics?! And do you thnk Mitchell should return punts v. the Greenies? If not, who?

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

No it wasnt Russell, it was Jimbo's brilliant offensive plan.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I left them at home.

To be fair, there were no personal attacks. I said your post was horsesh!t :)

#8 should have been doing it since the beginning of last year. If he isn't, he must be having problems catching them. I trust our football coaching staff implicitly.

Not so much on the basketball side of things. :hihi: