If Jarrett Lee starts against Ole Miss.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 14, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Broken phuckin record. Do you need someone to acknowledge that you think Crowton is a wash? Because I'll be that guy.

I get it. We all do. Something else to offer? Or is that all.

P.s. CS - I agree. Lee looked scared and was just chucking the ball without regard. If he starts against Ole Miss, its gonna suck.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I spoke up last week. I admitted that he doesn't seem to improve. Hard to be a mind reader and predict the future-n-shyt. I just hope JJ comes back against Ole Miss.

Regardless of what you naysayers think, the offense can be effective. There were missed opportunities tonight, but that wouldn't fit into your whining.

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

We get it you think Lee sucks, like a broken phuckin record.

Something else to offer? Or is that all.

Next week you can watch another QB not run the offense effectively. Been like that all year, if you think it's going to drastically change good luck. Crowton is a genius.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Its unfortunate that JL is one of those nice recruits that didn't develop to the next level. It happens. Not every kid is a home run.

JJ was walking with a noticeable limp last night. I'm really not sure why he even dressed, based upon what I saw of him coming out of the tunnel.

What's disappointing to me is that JL got the reps ALL WEEK. He should have been mentally prepared for this game. He looks so shell shocked when he's back there. We are just in a bad way at the QB position.

IMO, we appear to have recruited the QB position well, but you end up with one kid that gets booted from the team, a highly rated kid in Lee that didn't pan out, and an unknown local kid in JJ who looks like he has quite a bit of upside, but who also has been slow to develop.

People all around were chanting for RS to get some reps at QB. I love this kid. He will be the next Percy Harvin. But LSUs intentions were never to have this kid chucking the ball down the field. Especially after the coaches figured out that after 10 months in the program, he only knows about 5-8 plays.

We all have lofty expectations of our team. With the issues we have had at the QB position, this has a lot less to do with the kids and a lot more to do with our coaches. This is about recruiting and development of players. We need to get a 5-star QB into this program. A drop back passer that makes teams respect our passing game, which makes our running game prosper. Our opponents don't respect our passing game, therefore they can stick 8 in the box.

This is a coaching problem and not a player problem.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson is also a mediocre quarterback. And Shepard apparently can't throw the football. A top high school quarterback could get early playing time here is he has brains, poise and an arm.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, he's supposed to throw the ball away before taking a sack. Someone breaks past the blocker on every play is the problem. People are screaming for Crowtons head today, but I think our OL coach is lousy.

Five hundred thousand times? :insane:

If he was twice as good we wouldn't be last in SEC offense. Jefferson and Lee are average quarterbacks. Still, we done a lot better with average quarterback before if the offensive line could only do their job. I've about had it with poor pass blocking and really, really poor run blocking. I think the OL is the center of all our problems this year, you can't put it all on Lee, he hasn't been in the game enough to be responsible.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I have not heard those words in a few years!!!:geaux:

8. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I find it hard not to bash somone who chooses not to improve. Lee has an arm, everyone knows that. He had the whole off season to:
    A. get faster so he could at least move around behind the OL, and possibly run for few yards on occasion.
    B. learn how to read the defense better
    C. learn how to throw to guys that wear the same jersey he wears
    D. quicken his release

But NO. He HAS to drop three steps and stand like a statue, then throw. From what I see, his desire to be a strick pocket passer surpasses his desire to start, or be a good back up QB.

9. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

This is my problem with Lee as well. I dont doubt the guy has heart but he just seems stagnant. Now if he truly has the determination to get better and is not being developed correctly then we have another problem. I dont claim to be a mind reader but i have the feeling it is the latter.

And not to stir the pot, but do any of you think we see Garrett give Jefferson a run for QB next year? (Admittedly i really dont know to much about Garrett and I know the most popular QB is the back up so lets get that out of the way) Just wondering.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

did they let your dog in the stadium?