If LSU wins the tourney...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mojave Bengal, Mar 23, 2006.

1. aTm

aTm Freshman

i read this on another place. if the refs hadn't given you the game, we would have beat duke tonight easy.

Mar 23, 10:20 PM EST

USC Set to Claim Men's Basketball Title

By Michael Smith
    Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES. (AP) -- The USC basketball team is currently holding a press conference in which the team is unveiling a plan contingent on LSU winning the NCAA men's basketball championship. After LSU pulled off an upset over #1 ranked Duke in the Southeast Semifinal, USC supporters around the nation have pulled together to campaign for USC being named a co-champion. The basketball team has transformed that fervor into a legitimate claim of a national championship.

Tim Floyd, head coach for USC, stated,"If our bread and butter -- our football team -- can do it, we feel confident that we are able to also. We are considering the possibilities of claiming the championship outright because neither LSU nor USC signed a contract with the NCAA Tournament."

Floyd was referring to the 2003-2004 college football season when USC claimed a national title even though they did not even play in the National Championship Game to which they agreed would decide the National Champion.

"We're big LSU fans right now," said Floyd. "We didn't make the NCAA or NIT Tournaments, but really, does that matter? The press loves us, and to borrow unsubstantiated claims from the media in 2003, 'Isn't it just clearly obvious that USC is better than LSU?'"

LSU officials have not responded to calls and emails for interviews. Officials at the AP Poll have stated that if LSU wins the Tournament, USC has a very strong possibility for being ranked #1 in the poll.

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I have one thing to say to sum up this article and your post....Bull****!

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You mean kinda like how Auburn's never gonna win the NC in football, even if they go undefeated? Oh, wait...

Jealousy is a stinky cologne...I can smell it all the way from your sty.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Refs tried to give the game last night to Duke but you know what? WE PLAYED THROUGH IT!!!! Food for thought even though you are still delusional....

eaTme is sooo funny...but I like that article...

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

If LSU wins the Tourney, I win $2,200...which I'll probably spend on 2006 National Champion gear anyways...LOL

6. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

WWDD?

What Would Dale Do......in a time like this?

7. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

What if both the men and women win the whole thing? :D

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. And DON'T JINX IT!!!:eek: