If Miles is in over his head then

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh thats a train wreck.
    What a 5 year train wreck... 50 wins, 4 bowl blow out wins, 2 division titles, 1 SEC championship and 1 national championship.

I am not defending miles but to call the last five years a trainwreck is a bit of a stretch. You think bama, Ole miss, Uga and the likes which they had that train the last five years ?

2. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

some LSU fans have their heads in the sand

why give credit to Les Miles for the 07 championship and the SEC title? he won with a majority Saban players and with assistant coaches that were hired by Saban

Miles is constantly 8 - 20 seconds behind the action on the field and these days he doesn't have the quality assistants to bail him out

and now he blames a player for his own errors?

yeah, that's a quality coach

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Old tired debate that has no merit. Yes, he f'd up the Ole Miss game, but to claim no credit for his past acomplishments is rediculous.

4. tigerjuice

tigerjuice Founding Member

I stand by my statement that if he comes back next year, we will continue on a steady path back to mediocrity if we are not already there.

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I don't know if any one cares or has the bad feeling in their gut like I do but this is what I think.

I have really wanted to be a huge Miles fan, and at times (like when he does things like the over the shoulder fake field goal against South Carolina or the dominating game we played this year against Auburn) I think damn! This guy is one hell of a coach.

Then there are other times (like a couple of years ago against Auburn we win with a last couple of seconds fade pass to the corner of the endzone) were I think that was either super ballsy or he just got really really lucky! But I will take it.

Finally we have the ole piss f-up.......

You have got to start thinking have we been walking on the razor's edge and we just slipped off. I am beginning to think more along these lines. This scares the hell out of me, instead of being a dominate football team where we crush the teams like troy, la tech, and tulane we play down to them. I just have this sicking feeling that we have such a great record with Miles due to his great recruiting and the talent, however I think if we had the coaching we very well may be sitting here with one or two more crystal balls at this point. (I know this might be a stretch) At the very least several more SEC championships. Now what happens if this fiasco screws our recruiting classes and we no longer have the talent to fall back on. Where are we then.............

I really hope I am way off base here but the status of LSU football may be in trouble. Now I think next year we will have a new OC and hopefully that will spark good things within the program. I guess we will have to wait and see. But as far as I'm concerned I still and will always bleed purple and gold! GEAUX TIGERS :tigereye:

1 person likes this.