If Pelini continues to coach and scheme

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Sorry man but you should pull Florida out of that Five. They have a monster team and are losing because they are young. Next year will be pretty insane when we meet them in the swamp. I can't wait.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it was 27 pts in regulation and when LSU needed to stop a final td drive in regulation it did. it got the offense the ball back with a chance to win.

just like vs fla they came through when we needed. some people have xbox expectations when it comes to the defense. that fact is this is a great defense one of the greatest in the country but this is NOT the greatest defense of all time.

also a team's offensive performance is directly linked to the defense most of the time. i coulda done without that last OT drive but if the offense woulda done their jobs we would've tied or won.

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

it wasnt JUST Pelini. Sure there were some plays the Tigers got burnt on. Pelini cant suit up and play for them. Was the overall scheme suspect? I dont know. Maybe we could have pressured them more. or maybe we just couldnt get to him. Pressure would have helped. SC sent them pressure and beat them, yet we beat SC...

IF I had to assign any one thing to our loss it would be our O line, and pass protection on FLynn. for some reason they stayed on top of him with the Rush. Had we kept the ball more UK wouldnt have had a chance to score or burn us deep. In a situation like this I would have run the ball more, but there again you cant do that every down. So hind sight IS 20-20.

Hopefully whatever issues the O line has had the last few weeks, we get straight SOON. Cause Auburn will pressure us you can bet on it.

didnt big herm go down for a play in the UK game? is he ok now>?

I think our O line is pretty beat up with injuries fellas..... given that, I think we're doing pretty dang good.

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

A couple of Tiger O linemen went down at the end of the FL game. I thought maybe they were still banged up some this week based on the overall O line play v KY.

And you know CLM. Unless the guy is in traction, he won't let anyone know he's a bit nicked up. (a good plan to keep opponents guessing, but it works on fans, too.):eek:ldskule:

5. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

UK hasnt played Florida.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Naw, you keep him. He would want CWM gone because Arky score a TD, had almost 200 yards of O and McFadden had 43 yards on 17 carries.

A coach can draw up a play that can't be stopped and a coach can draw a defense that will stop every play. When you get on the field all the variables get added and we have a football game.

I realize we are all under a lot of pressure being fans of college football teams; what with players and coaches calling us up at night critiquing the attire, cooking, selection of drinks at our tailgate. All we can do is show up on Saturdays and put our best foot forward. If those guys really knew what they were talking about they would be partying with us instead of taking the easy way out.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Pellini's bend but not break philosophy has been bending quite a bit lately. Time for more blitzes. We need some more pressure on the QB. Bring a couple linebackers and take the 3rd LB out for another dback for closer man on man to stop the quick pass.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

OUr Defense held Tebow to fewer total yards than your God Muschamp's crew did.
    Oh, plus they gave up quite a few more yards and point to MSU than we did.
    Have you been paying attention at all? Auburn hasn't been doing any better than we have.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Muschamp isn't worth a damn compared to Pelini. Are you serious? Three straight Top-5 defenses! What has Muschamp done? He didn't run the defense at LSU, Nick did.

I'll never understand folks who praise the players when things are going good, but blame the coach when we lose one. We've lost 5 games in three years! You are impossible to please.

3 people like this.
  10. SpartanCaptain

SpartanCaptain Founding Member

Wait, are you seriously blaming Bo Pelini now? Get off your high horse and realize that we made a million mistakes out there and had 1 of them not happened we could have won that game with time expiring....

Bo Pelini is the best thing that happened to our defense since Nick Saban. You have no basis of your argument except one game. Go look at what Florida has done to other defenses, did you even hear Percy Harvin's name last week?

2 people like this.