If Pelini continues to coach and scheme

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Dude, you've got 324 posts and about 300 of them have aggravated the crap out of me. Either pay for the privilege of continuing that or STFU.

1 person likes this.
  2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I thought our defense was fine for the most part. They needed more pressure up the middle, but UK's o-line played out of their mind. They also did a good job of getting second level blocking on run plays.

Woodson did a good job of minimizing it and getting rid of the ball.

My only MINOR quibble with Pelini is not having Jai Eugene get more reps in earlier games whenever possible to avoid what happened yesterday. Jackson and Zenon are almost irreplaceable because they don't rotate CBs at all and nickel backs are safeties. I don't have a problem with that one bit because it reflects a better use of talent. Nevertheless, some additional reps for Eugene would have helped.

1 person likes this.
  3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

red, while I'll agree with you that I'd select Pellini as a HC candidate before I would Muschamp, there's no need to put Muschamp down by indicating he was a placeholder for Saban ...... he wasn't, and you know it .....

oh, and ummm, don't look now, ..... but I think Muschamp beat Pellini last year. :wink:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Is it me or do we really miss Alexander in the middle. It seems since he went out our run D has not been as good.

5. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Anybody know when the bandwagon stops to let people off? :lol:

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Man i understand your frustration and i think we could have blitzed more but i think Pelini has done a good job and as much as i hate to admit it we have been playing good offenses and maybe we were overrated just a touch.

Our dline has been great against the run but passing teams are giving us trouble. No pass rush without blitzing lately and the QB,s have had alot of time to sit in the pocket.

We will be ok and i expect our d to show up this week.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Deceks why are you over here talking intelligent and making good sense.

You are destroying the Auburn stereotype.

All we want from you here as a visitor is to let us know the Nascar standings and how much the rent has gone up in the trailer parks around your campus.

Oh and how many children you have with your sister once in awhile.

If you continue to post reasonable well thought out posts i will start a grass root effort to have you banned.

:hihi: :hihi:

8. okatoma

okatoma Founding Member

That's a very good point... Eugene was completely lost when he came into the game. I think he will be ok for next year but Pelini should have been getting him a few reps in our early blow out wins.

9. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

If y'all think BP called a great defensive game againat UK you are out of your mind. While I am not calling for his head he did F up by not putting pressure on the qb and if we don't get pressure on BC next week we will lose that game as well.

As far as Muschamp goes he does more with less. Auburn doesn't have the athletes we have across the board year in year out. I bet they play one hell of a defensive game agianst us next week.

(disclaimer) I hate AU just a little less that Bammer so no I am not a homer. I just give credit where credit is due.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

No, the refs beat Pelini last year.