If Pelini continues to coach and scheme

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

nicely done, Deceks7 ..... :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Man yall are frustrating to listen to. Look, the defense pretty much held the potential heisman QB and a great offense with something to prove, on the road, in a day game, to 27 pts. Had Zinger caught that TD...game freakin over! In addition...if we get that TD, UK has to go for the TD on that last drive which possibly would have cut that score to 24 pts. Why not call out Zinger instead of BP or the defense. IMO, they did their job while having to overcome numerous injuries with Steltz and CJ. BP has produced top nationally ranked defenses for 3 straight years now....I wouldnt trade him for ANYONE and refuse to question his scheme!!

Sorry, just venting.

1 person likes this.
  3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I've been staying away from the board because I know the lunatics come out after a loss but I couldnt agree more with my two tiger friends above. I get irritated like he11 reading the pot shots taken by this grit dude. Remind me where the ignore button is.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know anything of the sort. If you think LSU's defense under Saban was Muschamp's rather than Nick's, you haven't been paying attention. It was Nick's defense and Nick's calls and everybody knows it. Muschamp was hired because he was young and content to run Nick's defense rather than implement his own. There was a reason Muschamp was not asked to coach at Miami.

Wrong again. LSU lost to Auburn last year, Pelini and Muschamp didn't play. If you want to ccompare Pellini and Mushamp as DC's, well, LSU was the #3 defense in the country last year and #2 this year. Muschamps defense was #19! Pellini beat the crap out of Muschamp . . . and will this year, too.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Anyone that supports this thread most likely hasnt posted since ASU.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I'll grant you the D has played pretty bad the last 2 games, but if our offense would have played worth a crap, this thread would not have been started.

Flynn had a bad game to say the least. He couldn't get the ball to WIDE OPEN receivers. And when he did get it to them, they dropped it. Plus let's not forget our favorite color....yellow. The penalties were just pathetic. Most which were BS by the refs, but way too many.

To sum it up, LSU gave that game to UK. LSU was not ready to play which I was afraid of after that big win last week. But we're still in it. If we win out, we play Jan. 7 in NO. Gotta realize, It's dam hard to run the table in the SEC.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Kentucky has the best offense in the SEC and a Heisman trophy candidate at quarterback. Still we had several chances to win this game. A dropped TD pass that would have put us up 31-14, a missed field goal with no time on the clock in regulation, and a back stopped just short of a score in triple overtime.

The defense got the ball back for the offense plenty enough for them to win.

8. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

Ok, let's sum up all the good points and close this thread up:

*We should pressure the QB more (ie the Gamecocks)

*Jai should have gotten more reps

*Rush D = good

*Pass D = not so good

*Muschamps = 1/2 Pelini

Anything else??? :hihi:

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

You guys are blowing this out of proportion. I said he sucked the last 2 games, not the last 2 and a half years. If you think the scheme has been good the past two games then you know nothing about football.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Absolutely. He was a key to our run defense. :eek:ldskule: