IF ROY WILLIAMS IS SO AWESOME......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

then why isn't he on the AP All American team? Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd team. Don't take this as a shot at RW or UT, it's just a question. I know he's good and all. Was he hurt most of the year.....what gives?

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm pretty sure he had a bad hamstring most of the year but is 100% now.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

make no mistake.....

Roy Williams is probably the Best Junior WR in the nation. He has the speed of Dontae Stallworth, the hands of Marvin Harrison, and the bulid of Randy Moss. He probably be a top 5 pick with Charles Rogers if he came out this year, and a possible first pick next year as a senior.

4. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

He had a bad hamstring at the beginning of the season, but has been healthy since as far as I know.

5. eric d

eric d Founding Member

He hurt his hamstring in spring training, and then aggrevated it before the OU game, and then again before the Tech game.

6. Longhorn24

Longhorn24 Freshman

Roy did have a slight strain of the hamstring after two a days.

Against U of Houston he pulled it pretty badly in the first half. He was 90% after the ISU game. He was good against KSU and Nebraska.

He was good against Texas Tech. Our OC just forgot to go to him at the end of the game. They had not stopped him all game long. Too bad for us.

He will be ready against LSU and I think Sloan Thomas will be healthy also. He is another great receiver. BJ Johnson is great in streaks. If he gets going it can really get interesting. Then there is Tony Jefferies. A converted quarterback who can make some very acrobatic catches but can miss some really easy catches. Kyle Shanahan is normally a good go to guy but in the OU game gave up on a couple of routes that got picked.

I guess, I am saying "if" and that is a big if, we have all the receivers doing their thing it could be good for us. It will definitely open the run game up.

I expect y'all's pass defense to be up to the task. But I don't think you will be able to double team anyone.

7. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

Re: make no mistake.....

is that a good thing? Randy Moss is skinny and weak, I rather have a real receiver with the body Terrel Owens, now that guy is a hoss!

8. Hookem

Hookem Freshman

This is going to sound like a real "homer" post but it's the truth so I don't really mind doing it.

I was totally shocked when RW decided to stay in school and not go pro. He is the best WR I have ever seen come out of high school in the state of Texas. He also the best WR we have ever had at Texas, ever.

In my opinion (and .60 will get you a cup of coffee) he is the best WR in college right now and when he wants to get open, he'll get open.

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The more I look at UT...

... the more I think that Jeremy Lawrence (56) may not get much playing time. We may go with the nickel formation from the get-go with Webster one-on-one with RW with help from a safety to double him up. Webster is pretty tall and is good on an island. If UT can't run on our nickel D, they would be in serious trouble. It would interesting to see us in the nickel (with a variety of blitzes to pressure the QB) most of the time early on and see if they can run. If they can and we have to go back to our base defense more, then Simms/RW may light us up. Going to be a good game!

I guess this all comes down to how predictable the Horn offense is on down and distance. And whether Saban has finally taught the nickel D to WATCH THAT RUNNING BACK :) (watch the end of the first half of the Bama game for an example of how to NOT run the D against a passing team).

10. IMAG

IMAG Freshman

Roy is oft injured. That's why not much production but he does produce the occasional highlight film reel. Or several when he plays us.....