If Saban coaches Chicago next year, what would our short list look like?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Sep 20, 2003.

1. max

max Founding Member

He has never been offered a head job. He listened to Jacksonville last year. I bet that if he is offered a job with a Butch Davis/Steve Spurrier-type contract he will take it. I am not saying it will happen, but Chicago will be hiring a new coach. Chicago is a great team tradition-wise and a great city. He wouldn't be able to turn down 5 years $15-$25 million and an NFL head coaching job. I wouldn't blame him. Some have said that Chicago's GM will be interested. I think it would be awful. Coaches/recruiters like this don't come around very often. The NFL can offer him twice the money that we can easily, if they want him bad enough. They will probably opt for an NFL assistant or another coach that will take a 3 year $3 million deal. I don't think Saban would take that, but I don't know of course. Does the collapse of the MS schools help us with Rory Johnson and the other top MS recruits? 3 #1 classes in 4 years would create the greatest team in LSU history probably, especially if Clayton, Spears, Hill, Wilkerson, and Webster return.

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Fact is, even though no one wants Saban to leave, the worst case scenario now is that Nick has left a program that good coaches will beating down the door to coach. But, until that day, let's enjoy the ride.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets not even go there. If he leaves there ain't nuthin' that you, me or yo Mama can do about it except cry. If he don't then we still got a great coach for 2004

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Let's think about MSU and sustaining what we have. This chit gets old.