If Saban does indeed turn down Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 23, 2004.

?

Which says more about the state of the respective program?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2004.
  1. Urban Meyer not taking the Notre Dame gig

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Nick Saban not taking the Miami Dolphins gig

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Even though techinically Meyer didn't turn them down, but was not available by the time Notre Dame was ready to offer him the job.

What say you?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I think it says volumes about his situation at LSU. All reports indicate he has the control he wanted (Sexton termed his work with Dolphins officials on Wednesday as "significant progress") and the money was never the issue.

Toss in the possibility (not yet confirmed) that he has an ownership stake and plenty of influence over selecting the next GM and, wow, short of Huizenga signing over his stake in the franchise, what more could Nick want from a command and control standpoint?

If he does leave, I do hope Nick is as effusive in his praise of LSU, its administration, and the support he's received especially over the last week as LSU fans are of him. You have most college football analysts openly saying the LSU gig is one of the best in the country, a thought likely shared by many coaches.

I don't envy the job Skip and the selection committee have ahead of them in one sense: if they don't pull a really---and I mean really---good coach, they're gonna catch all kinds of hell.

Get it, Skip? Got It?

I hope so, because if you don't... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire