if saban quits, who cares?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by snorton938, Mar 21, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i don't think he will (he has too much character and loyalty to), but if he did, lsu would get a good coach who'd just love to fall into this bed of talent and the program would be successful. do you know what i think is a bigger issue for louisiana politics? take a look at the location of some of these posts (including mine). what states are they from? louisiana is having people grow up and graduate its schools, and all the benefit is going to other states. i mean i'm in florida for one reason, and it is spelled j o b....if you want to measure how well a politician is working for you, just see how much industry they bring in and how many jobs they create.....that is what is most important.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I guess I would care. Saban has built this bed of talent that any coach would be glad to have. But why should someone come in a win with his talent and the drop off into average world. We hae a great program with great standards and I don't want that to go away. NO Saban is not the only one in the world that could have done this but HE did. So I like dancing with the one that brought me there.

3. eric d

eric d Founding Member

He won't quit because he just got a big fat contract.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's what we said when Arnsparger left. :shock:

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Please don't insult Nick Saban by comparing him to Arnsparger. He's like Arnsparger about as much as George W. Bush is like Mother Teresa!!!
    :( :( :( :(

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Or about as much as Bill Clinton is like Jesus Christ.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wasn't comparing Saban to Arnsparger. Snorton posted that any coach would love to fall into this bed of talent that Saban has accumulated. I was comparing it to the situation that existed when Arnsparger left. And, until Saban, LSU never had a better on the field coach than Bill Arnsparger. You may be pissed that he left for the Gators' AD job, but he was still a hell of a football coach. And for that matter, except for being male, George Bush and Mother Theresa have a lot in common. Neither stood over a kneeling White House intern, for example.