If Tenn beats Aubarn...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Nov 24, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

:grin: :lol:

BTW - Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all :thumb:

2. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

That is incorrect. They'll have to first wait and see if AU gets a BCS bid, either automatic or at-large. And don't think it is impossible for AU to lose to Tennessee! Much stranger things have happened. How many people gave LSU a chance against Tennessee in 2001 when the the Vols were on their way to a potential national championship?

3. FloridaHawk82

FloridaHawk82 Founding Member

Howdy Tiger fans... I've enjoyed some premature banter on a couple of other threads... you Bayou-Bengals seem like an OK bunch.

Pensacola, I totally agree that having to wait so long makes it much tougher to make bowl plans. Iowa fans faced a similar situation last year since the Outback decided to extend an invitation to Florida very early. The Gators snapped up a lot of the extra tickets... Iowa still had an estimated 24-25k fans at the Outback, but the year before we had 49k at the Orange Bowl, mainly because USC brought very few fans, and Iowa grabbed all the extra tickets.

QUESTION: Do you all really think the Credit Card Bowl will wait until after the SECCG on 12/4 to decide?? My reason for asking, is I am definitely going (only a 2.5 hour drive up the turnpike), but my wife wants to wait to see who we are playing before she decides if she wants to go with me (she has her reasons). I think the Cap1 might go ahead and extend an invite to LSU after you thrash the swines this Friday... thoughts? I can grab an excellent single seat on Ticketmaster right now, and I have dozens of friends coming down from Arctic-Iowa to party with....

Thanks and good luck on Friday!

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I really think that if Auburn losses the SECCG it will fall to the Cotton Bowl against Texas

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If Tenn beat AU:

Sugar: Tennessee
    Cap One: LSU (if we beat Ark)
    Cotton: Auburn
    Outback: Georgia
    etc...

If the aforementioned happens and LSU losses to Ark

Sugar: Tennessee
    Cap One: Auburn
    Cotton: LSU
    Outback: UGA

so actually Florida doesnt get upgraded.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Advocate and the TP both reported that Auburn will be in the CAP One if they do not win the SEC CG but I don't think the Bowl has announced anything as of yet.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes I remember Tennessee players and fans running around with roses before the LSU/Tenn game in 2001. The way I remember it Tennessee ended up playing somewhere else. AU should win but I wouldn't start counting my war chickens before they hatch.
    Happy thanksgiving back at you. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Tenn will bring a lot of fans to the SECCG. I remember walking in to the Georgia Dome in 2001 thinking that I must have come to the Grand Ole Opry by mistake. There were hillbillies hanging from the rafters (they brought roses with them as well- didn't quite make the Rose Bowl that year).