If the ball isnt snapped .......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ozarkbengal, Oct 3, 2010.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

it's a good thing nothing like that ever happens then.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

then why was it called against us pre-snap vs West Virginia?

edit to add: before the WVA game, i would have agreed with you completely.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I didn't notice that. Was totally unaware and honestly thought it was something that had to be flagged after the snap.

I've just noticed replays where they were checking to see IF an extra defender was off the field by the time the ball was snapped. They've used instant replay to determine this (again, don't know if that's a Pro vs College rule difference) but...

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

T-Bob was quoted as saying he was hearing the voice of Will Blackwell in his head telling him to snap it. Apparently there was some . . . discussion . . . among the offensive linemen after the Ole Miss game.

It is sad that our offensive linemen are smarter field generals than our starting quarterback.

5. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Yeah...I still think Miles should find a way to thank him because he saved Miles' incompetent ass from being fired. Not to mention that I hope Miles gets fired anyway.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

yep

7. Ahab the Arab

Uhm that wasn't JJ's fault. He didn't call a play that took 28 seconds to get the players on the field with time running out. That was the fault of the incredibly incompetent coaching staff you constantly are excusing and making apologies for.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Are you blind?! Jefferson didn't call a play at all. He didn't know to spike the ball, which is quarterback 101. With 2 seconds left Jefferson was looking at the sideline instead of calling for the friggin' ball.

Les took responsibility at the Press Conference, as he should, but he pointed out that LSU should have done one of two things.

1. They should have been sent out there with two plays (translation: Crowton screwed up).

2. They should have gone out there with one play and then spiked the ball. (translation: Jefferson screwed up).

Les' failure is relying on Crowton and Jefferson. I suspect that is going to change.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

like i said, this was my thought before the WVA game.

i even questioned people sitting in our section, plus family and friends after the game.

i was sure that 12 men on defense wasn't a penalty until the ball was snapped.
    Either that call in WVA game was wrong, or I was.

Since I've yet to hear anyone publicly question that call, i'm thinking i was wrong and not the officials.

10. Ahab the Arab

I know he didn’t spike the ball. However, like most quarterbacks JJ doesn’t have the authority to arbitrarily call plays. Hence, he didn’t spike the ball because the incompetent coaching staff you keep excusing and making apologies for was too incompetent to give him permission to spike the ball or to call a play to spike the ball.

I see your MO you blame the coaching staff’s gross incompetence on an innocent player you don’t like! How nice.

Actually he was barking out signals. You need to sober up and re-watch the end of the game again.

I think you need to lay off the alcohol bro. Go re-watch the end of the game again when you sober up, and stop crucifying a player you don’t like in order to apologize for an incompetent coaching staff you do like.

Moreover, if Less Miles didn’t agree with Crowton’s absurd call, then why didn’t he over rule him? After all he is the head coach and that is his job. And how was it JJ’s fault again? In addition, why didn’t Less Miles tell JJ to clock the ball to stop the clock like he did at Ole Miss last year with just 1 second left on the clock? Was he afraid it would get caught on video again? You need to sober up before you answer these questions.