If the ball isnt snapped .......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ozarkbengal, Oct 3, 2010.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

A Jr. QB with ANY sense of the game should KNOW game situation without having to look to the sideline to figure out, "Holy hell! I've got to stop the clock and have an extra down to do it!"

...and in the event that, say, it was 4th down, if the QB can't get the play in from the sideline, he's GOT to just say, "Hey! They're taking too damn long! THIS is what we're running!" ...and then bark out the play.

JJ can't do ANY OF that and THAT's why I have ZERO faith in his football IQ. It's probably on par with a blade of grass or the dirt stain on his back...

2 people like this.
  2. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Uh…no, he doesn’t have the authority to do so. In any event, JJ was staring at the sideline nearly the entire time waiting for the play call and the coaching staff was transferring player packages on and off the field. Hence, even if he wanted, he couldn’t!

Most competent people too, but this coaching staff is totally incompetent as it keeps demonstrating over and over while you guys keep forgiving it and apologizing for it. Meanwhile the program will go to hell in a hand basket in only a matter of time with this coaching staff.

Apparently, you weren’t paying attention. Either that or you were wiped out.

Yeah right, LSU was substituting player packages in and out of the game like he could have ran a play if he wanted to. Way to go to extraordinary lengths all to blame a defenseless player you don’t like.

Don’t lose you day job in this economy because you want find another.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've criticized the coaches elsewhere, Jethro. Here, I am explaining to you how Jefferson screwed up, too. You don't know a lot about football do you?

Is that all you've got for wit? :lol: You should read SabanFan posts and take notes. How old are you, anyway?

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

So you're saying a coaching staff would rather the game clock hit 00:00 and you LOSE the game rather than see a player take it upon himself to call a play that was otherwise taking too long to get in????

Man! Are you for real? :shock:

5. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Arbitrary authority ........ Come on. Dont need no stinkin authority take command in that situation. You need situational awareness. Wont go there, been there done that. I dont think JJ will be in that position again anytime soon. Nothing against him. Sure he is a great human being.

6. Ahab the Arab

Talk about not knowing a lot about football! How could JJ have spiked the ball when the LSU coaches were transferring players in and out of the game, and the reason it took so damn long was because the ball was on the 1 yard line and the coaches and players were nearly on the 50 yard line, yet they were substituting players from that far away even though we were fast running out of time? Moreover, if it is true that Miles threw JJ under the bus again like he did last year at Ole Miss when he claimed he didn’t tell JJ to clock it, then he needs to be fired now immediately before the end of the season.

Like I said again you need to sober up and then re-watch the final 32 seconds of that game. Nevertheless, you’re such a Less Miles brownnoser you’ll probably find another reason to apologize for him.

7. Ahab the Arab

Not quite, I just demonstrated that you don’t have a clue, which also explains why you are a Less Miles booth licker. The reality is JJ couldn’t spike the ball even if he wanted to because the best coaching staff in all of college football was transferring players in and out of the game, while the remaining little time was ticking off the clock. If he had attempted to do so, it would have been a penalty.

Like I said, don’t lose your day job in this bad economy.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Need to check this rule. Thing is, if on a defensive substitution a 12th player is running off the field, it is a post snap penalty if he doesn't make if off before the snap. I truly feel that in the confusion of substituting, the penalty might not have been called if there was no snap. In this instance though, the defense was set and nobody was trying to get off the field.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

While I appreciate your healthy outrage at that debacle of a last set of downs yesterday, could you stop telling people to sober up? You're the one who's raving like a drunkard.

Red and AtlantaBengal are good guys trying to have a rational discussion.

1 person likes this.
  10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if the defense broke the huddle w/ 12 men they can call the penalty as an illegal substitution.