If the QB play doesn't improve over the summer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Lee always shines in these games because he knows he can't get hit. in the real game, the defense gets to hit him and he throws balls up for grabs.

2. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

To me Coach Miles has to start Lee, because Jefferson did not show anything in the Spring Game.

!twocrystals! !twocrystals!

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

didn't lee throw a pick 6 to Loston. I guess some things haven't changed.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think that is the reason. His interceptions were not all thrown up for grabs while under pressure. Most were from not recognizing disguised coverages or from forcing it into tight coverage. These are coachable problems.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Except than that one interception, we would all be talking about how Lee has passed Jefferson in the spring. If Gonzales can fix that one issue, Lee looks to have developed more than Jefferson has.

6. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

Not only Jefferson showed nothing durning the Spring Game, he threw a int. on the last play of the game. You have to take the better of the two, which is not much.

!twocrystals! !twocrystals!

7. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

The way I see it, we have the tools to succeed no matter who is at QB. It will simply depend on someone stepping up and not throwing games away.

I feel like this team has the talent to run another pistol-style offensive formation that we saw a lot of under Flynn in 2007. Again, this would be dictated by the ability of the quarterback, and Flynn was a very capapble player (as we see him in Green Bay now backing up arguably one of the NFL's best). I just remember the Va Tech game and how dominant and shifty our offense looked in that game. You never knew what was coming next. It was a flash of Crowton's brilliance that we've yet to see again, and one can't help but wonder if we ever will.

All of that being said, and to bring it back OT, I think that we'll continue to see Jefferson in the fall. It will take a lot more than better numbers, like Steve said.

I'm hoping to see more of a dominant o-line appearance this year especially, I've been disappointed by their lack of run support lately; last year it appeared that their whole function was to simply delay JJ or whoever was playing at RB that minute getting tackled behind the line.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

JJ's was a little different. He hit Toliver right in the numbers and it bounced off his cast that Miles is making Toliver play with.

If the coaches only saw what the fans have seen to this point there would be a big controversy but luckily they have seen both the whole Spring and 5 scrimmages.

Like Red said, Lee will be nipping at the heels if JJ struggles next season and he has shown he can run an offense but are likely still concerned about real pressure situations which have not been able to gauge until he play in an actual game. Probably the reason Lee did not throw many deep passes, they do not want the ints in the back off his head again.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

JJ sure did not benefit from the relaxed feel of the Spring Game. Lee may have but threw that pick 6. So both of them played in the Spring Game exactly like they had last season. Unless there is dramatic improvement in the summer, I expect more of what we saw last season. Very disappointing to see JJ as indecisive as ever in an intrasquad game.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

And some of them hit receivers.