If the QB play doesn't improve over the summer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Mar 28, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Listen Mrs. Lee, I think by and large everyone on here RESPECTS and likes JL. You're right when you say he has handled everything with class, and he deserves our respect because...

I stopped reading at Mrs. Lee

And please stop saying "the same old stuff is getting very old".
    Do you have a email? I will allow you to edit my post that way I am sure they meet your standard.

what ever:tigereye:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Learn to use the quote function.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

1. Mauck and Flynn weren't thrown to the wolves before they were ready. They got their permanent starting jobs as juniors/seniors.

2. Mauck and Flynn were coached by Jimbo. At times I seriously wonder if JJ and JL are developing as little as they are despite Crowton and not because of him.

It's not good when you have a HC and OC who apparently have very different visions of what a QB's role should be in the offense. Hopefully Miles will decide to keep a tight leash on those 4/5 WR and bunch sets and stick to a bread and butter passing game before attempting the deep stuff.

4. TigerCliff

HOWEVER...please stop saying "he played well". No sir, he did not. He played SLIGHTLY better than JJ. NEITHER played well.

I was at the spring game on Sat and thought Lee played well. I was sitting next to guy that thought J Lee played well. I asked my wife who was at the spring game on the drive home she told me that she thought J. Lee play well.

I was listening the buddys show on Monday and a caller said he thought J Lee played well in the spring game on Sat.

At the end of the day I think that J Lee played well on Sat.

I don't need anyone to tell me what to do these days thank very much.

:tigereye:cliff

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

6. dudley

dudley oops!

If I remember correctly CLM stated before Spring practice started they were going to concentrate on the running game, which they apparently did, but to the exclusion of the passing game. With a better running game this fall our passing game will be even better than last year, IMO. :thumb:

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Actually, he played the whole game against Tech. I thought he would do okay in that one because he played most of the 2nd half against Bama the week before in the most high pressure situation imaginable. And although his last pass was an INT in that one, I thought he did okay in that game when he first got in. I remember he had one dropped right when he first got in and another nice pickup called back because of a shaky penalty. But as the game went on, his passes became much less accurate.

If LSU could get JJ to play the way he played against Bama (which was basically the best defense in the nation), they would be more than fine. Hell, we were beating the eventual national champs at half and then took the lead in the 4th on them at their house (with Lee in at that point). I wish Scott and JJ wouldn't have been injured in that one. That was a great game and I think we could have won with our top talent in there.

Oh well, I agree with Les than we need a really tough running game. Those are usually the hardest teams to beat (and you can have more of a game manager at QB when you have a great running game). But you can't force it if it's not there like we tried to do at times last year. Here's hoping that the QBs progress along with our running game.

8. TigerCliff

thats funny coming from a LSU fan with Sabanfan as a handle:tigereye:

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

JJ is a junior with twice the experience that Flynn and Mauck had when they became starters. It's past time he gets a clue.

I have wondered the same thing, not much development. Is it the QB's or the coach? Hard to say from the outside looking in. However, with no coaching at all a starter should grow from the experience alone.

I see a lot of rumor about rifts and ideology, but It's been only rumor. The coaches say they are on the same page. I can't see Miles keeping Crowton if they were not.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Eh, Mauck was put into a pretty high stakes situation as a freshman in the SECCG. And he was the permanent starter as a sophomore, off to a pretty damn good start, until he broke his foot against Florida. I still contend that the 2002 team could have contended for a championship had he not gotten hurt. By the time the Florida game came around, he was really starting to come into his own. Granted, he was more mature at 24 years old, compared to JJ at 19, but he just had IT...and maybe Jimbo, too.