If the QB play doesn't improve over the summer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Mar 28, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Exactly, they were both intelligent QB’s that were used to their strengths. Manage the game, supported by a strong run game with solid OL play. Neither were expected to win many games with their arms, although had the ability to do so when the situation arose. Unfortunately not something I see with either of the QB’s we have now. Neither appear to be a cerebral QB with the leadership ability to have the confidence to pull it off in tight situations. Both Mauck and Flynn had that part of their game as strengths to draw from. Both would manage the game and make just enough solid passes to either move the ball or pull off a game. As you said that “It” quality, not that “it” quality of a great QB, but the “It” quality of confidence and leadership strength.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Lighten up.

You can THINK JLee played well all you want, but you're wrong. It's EASY to think he played well when you look at JJ's play...but as stated before, NEITHER played well. Playing well is more like 14-20 160 yds 2 TDs NO PICKS NO TDs for the defense!

It would be one thing if it was a surprise that he threw a pick 6...but it isn't. It is expected, and that is not any fans fault. He has thrown nearly as many pick 6s as he has games started. He threw pick 6s last year during the spring practices. He throws pick 6s. Unfortunately, that is what defines him. It is in his hands to change that...and so far, he has not.

I understand you don't like the blunt nature of my posts, but you cannot deny that I am presenting facts, and you are presenting opinion.

I did not intend to ruffle your feathers, but maybe you should thicken your skin a little. I called you "Mrs. Lee" as a joke...take it as such. And FWIW, you did NOT stop reading at "Mrs. Lee", because you have made attempts at quoting things further down in my post at least twice. I'm quite certain you read the whole thing. :hihi:

I've been wrong about JLee before...back when I was defending him in '08. I PRAY I'm wrong now, but I don't think the facts support it.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I don't think classroom smarts and football smarts are necessarily the same, but since you asked...

Zach Lee - Yahoo! Sports

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't think of me as a fan of Saban. Think of me as the poster named Sabanfan.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Agreed, but he also spent most of that experience getting knocked on his butt, which was the point.

If it were just one QB I could write it off on it being mostly the kid. Not with two. And not with the benefit of roughly a year's experience each from the school of hard knocks.

I can if Alleva decided that with the raise Crowton was making too much money to get bought out, at a time when a lot of LSU employees are getting pink slips. Position coaches aren't about to air dirty laundry to the media if they value their jobs. And ideology aside, I'd argue that the proof of Crowton's effectiveness is in the pudding, between offensive numbers and QB development.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Do you kids mind taking your little flame war to PM? The grownups are trying to talk football here.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I thought J Lee played well on Sat and so do 2,309 tiger fans

:tigereye:

Dandy Don poll

Who Do You Think Should Be LSU’s Starting Quarterback at the Start of the 2010 Season?

Jordan Jefferson 17% (751 votes)

Jarrett Lee 52% (2,309 votes)

Chris Garrett 22% (983 votes)

None of the above 10% (437 votes)

Total Votes: 4,480

8. Jopry

Jopry Veteran Member

You are correct sir, that it is just sad. It saddens me that someone with the tenacity that Lee possesses for whatever reason cannot learn to read the defense to the level required by a starting QB at the SEC level. I still maintain hope that he can achieve this. Yes he made a couple nice throws, but he also threw right at Loston who read the play and laid in wait for Lee to throw a nearly sure int. Lee completely missed the defensive stance on the field and once again threw into complete coverage.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Mauck was a 22 year old freshman and Flynn learned from the sidelines for three years. Neither compare to Jefferson's or Lee's situations. The guy who most closely resembles both Mauck and Flynn is Jefferson who doesn't make risky throws and poor decisions in ball placement. He's so careful in fact that it's becoming counter-productive.

Teams have won BCS titles with worse.

10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

cool