If the SEC is known for Defense, and

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 15, 2007.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Only one bus ride every other year to the Rose Bowl...........unless we're IN the Rose Bowl or LOSING to Tejas in the NC in the Rose Bowl. I guess the bus rides would increase if you count the trips to the airport. :hihi:

EVERY conference takes a gamble when they have to schedule games so far in advance. Who would have ever cheered the scheduling of South Florida a few years ago or who would have thought that playing in Omaha would be such a disaster for our SOS? Still, wouldn't it be to a program's benefit to schedule a FAR away game against an average opponent and risk a loss than to play Tulane in NOLA and risk the loss? Why schedule Gardner-Webb.....period?

The other benefit is pure fun as a fan. TS and DV are for sure one of the best experiences for any football fan but there are dozens of other stadiums and cities worth the visit.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

The Tulane thing is a money issue with the state. Which is also the reason we've been playing UL-L, UL-M, and La. Tech. While I understand it's LSU's way of helping these small schools out finacially, and yeah they need the help, I just disagree with it.

LSU usually tries to avoid 1-AA teams. Sometimes they're late fill ins for a game where an opponent backs out. I don't know why Appy St. is on the schedule for '09, maybe they're better than any of the D-1 teams available that weekend, like Michigan.:hihi:

3. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

look at the low scores that says it all.