If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I thought we had a very good offensive gameplan today. Hopefully, they can keep that up.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

" Our offense is bad. "

It has been very bad. Tonight being the exception.

I'm not sure that Crowton or Miles is to blame, however.

If we had, say, a talent like Bert Jones at QB this year, what do you suppose our record would be? Undefeated?

I agree.

As such, I'm not sure that Crowton/Miles or any one person are to blame for our loss this year.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

One of our QBs needs to show that they can play consistently well from week to week, instead of stepping up one week and playing like hell the next. JJ has pleasantly surprised me in how often he's stepped up his game when needed, and he deserves tremendous credit for his performance today, but that kind of play has yet to materialize in back-to-back games.

LSU should be able to move the ball against Arky's defense if Crowton puts together a reasonably good game plan. The real test will come against LSU's bowl opponent, which should be a big step up in competition. If Jefferson can put up good performances in those games, then he's likely separated himself from the pack.

But yeah, you can't argue with Miles' decision-making after putting up 10 wins against the competition he's faced this year. He proved me wrong, and I couldn't be happier as a Tiger fan.

5. lsudolemite

I don't know if it was so much an exceptional game plan, but that there was finally some good execution. A lot of that was Jefferson's performance, some of it was the quality of the defense we were playing against. We put up those kinds of numbers against a top-ranked defense in a bowl game and Crowton may have finally turned the corner.

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Thats called wisdom.

There's been a shortage of it in this thread.

7. roynav

roynav free your mind

Please. The offense has been doing better since they went to a 2 QB system. JJ played good against Bama...and the offense looks good. JJ plays good against Ol Miss....and the offense looks good.

But you write "Crowton may have finally turned the corner."

Give it a break. Pssssst: one last time. Maybe, just maybe how good LSU's offense looks depends more on the production they get out of the QB than anything Crowton does or doesnt do.

8. lsudolemite

It's gonna take more than one good game against a very suspect defense before you can run a victory lap. If we get consistent offensive production, and Jefferson puts up good performances against Arky and a bowl opponent with a good defense, and you can start preparing crow for me and everyone else.

9. lsudolemite

One last time, Crowton IS responsible for developing quarterbacks, and hence IS responsible for the production of the QBs. Come say "I told you so" when we're consistently putting up 300+ yards of offense against good defenses.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Why do LSU fans have a burning need for a scapegoat might be a better question to ask.