If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I don't have links and I'm not going to start digging for them, but I remember posters claiming statements from Crowton and/or other coaches that the 2007 offense was still heavily influenced by Jimbo's playbook with some elements of Crowton's spread thrown in. Made sense since it minimized the shock of a new system and, as you mentioned, tailored the offense to Flynn.

Les clearly wants to go back to power-I football with his personnel moves, and that is not Crowton's style. Going to make for an interesting offseason.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I believe you are correct, which is one of the reasons Miles may face a difficult challenge should Crowton's O continue on the path from the Bama and OM games. Change, when the players are finally getting it, might be a bad thing, but if there is a way to start a new OC that would hybrid their style with what the players are currently comfortable with it could create the mismatches similar to 07.

A complete change in offensive philosophy could prove disastrous and could derail what could be a very promising season. It has been tough enough for these players to possibly finally get GC’s offensive scheme and I’m not sure Miles will want to mess with that. The team is young this yr and we have one of the most experienced teams returning next yr. Bottom line is it will obviously depend on how they look and perform over the next 2 games, but if they continue with the level of play and consistency I really don’t envy Miles this offseason. Even if GC gets an offer that pulls him away if could still cause the offense to struggle trying to learn a new system with a new OC.

3. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Anybody still want to debate this?

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Don't worry, roynav and TigerTap should be here shortly to tell us how this is all Jefferson and Hatcher's fault and Crowton is innocent as a newborn babe.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

At this point, I'll take Bill Callahan over Crowton.

6. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

I hope the silver lining in all this is that it is officially the end of the Crowton era.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Have no fear. The Agenda Police are here....

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

There is no tough decision. Never was. If no new OC, you can expect more of the same. LSU has been last or near last in the SEC and NCAA for 2 years in offense.

With what people say is improvement like today... LSU will actually move down in total offense to near 100 in the NCAA.

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

All I want for Christmas is a new OC.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Something has to give. LSU has too much talent to look like they do. Crowton and Stud have to be axed. I think it starts at the top but we stuck with Miles. Hopefully changes would give a spark thats needed.