If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think Crowton will leave on his own terms. Miles wont fire him, but he hasnt been able to have much control and for a guy with a rep like he had. That just wont work for long. He gets most of the blame, for what is probably minimally his fault.

It wont matter, we could hire Payton and Miles would have him running basically the same plays, just out of whatever formations he liked.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles has played more young players this season than all of his previous seasons combined. He has also taken a ton of heat for the offensive play. I think he knows that something has to give. If Mettzenberger is better than the 2 we have I think he starts. I also think it will be a 2 QB system with JJ getting reps.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I pray that you are correct.

But I don't want to see a 2 QB system is Mettzenberger is as good as advertised. That would be stupid.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Thank You!

I don't know why so many people want Gonzales as our OC. He's obviously a dreadful WR coach, so we damn sure don't need him running the entire offense.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The only offensive coach that should be on staff next season is Frank Wilson.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Well the general rule is if you take a JUCO kid, it is to start right away. So If he comes, I would think that would be the plan.

7. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

you hit the nail on the head...........

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Especially if your team finishes 12-1 and banks BCS money.

I can see it now:

LSU FIRES OC BECAUSE 12-1 AND RANKED 3RD IN THE NATION AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!

9. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

I don't agree with this statement. The coach has nothing to do with drops, he can't catch for them. What he can do is have them running better routes, teach them to look for openings to put themselves in a position to succeed and let them know the importance of WR blocking in this offense. WR's have good hands or they don't.

Here is an example of two professional WR's from LSU that made it to the NFL for two different reasons.

D. Bowe - Great size and speed and gets seperation. Probably had more drops at LSU than Randle and Tolliver combined (okay maybe a stretch) - It wasn't the coaches fault for his drops he usually leads the NFL each year in that category.

J. Reed - small, good route runner and I'm not sure if he ever dropped a ball (probably a stretch too)

I believe you can't coach hands, you either have them or not. Not having them doesn't mean you won't be a productive receiver but I don't believe that falls on the coaches shoulders.

10. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

Fixed.