If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You bring up some very valid points. I also believe it's the execution of the plays called that has left the most to be desired. Any play that works is basically a good play call. The nail you hit on the head is the fundamental mistakes. Improper execution of the option, for example. Why those mistakes have not been corrected and yet still called are what really eats me. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results. I'm not saying GC is "insane" but he seems to coach and call plays in a somewhat insane manner.

Also, with Miles, I too have doubts as to whether the QB situation will improve significantly moving forward. Les' loyalty is a great thing and a bad thing. I see the players love playing for him and know that he will go to bat for them. I just hope that somehow, someway if staying with JJ is what he does, then somehow, someway JJ can improve. Next year we lose alot of experienced leaders on defense. The QB play needs to be significantly better next year than it is this year to have similar results, record wise. I applaud the results Les has gotten this year with the QB play being what it has been. At the same time, however, it seems the QB situation is a handicap that may be somewhat self inflicted. This coaching staff has had the same inadequate QB play for going on 3 years now. I don't care who you are, that is enough time to at least try something different. But, just to be clear, other than the QB situation, Miles has done an admirable job this season. Wrong thread, but congrats to Les Miles on win #60!

2. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Good enough is not good enough when you can be the best.

3. tjohn deaux

tjohn deaux Freshman

He needs to go, but I'm not convinced he will.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great points here, and I think is closer to the truth of what would occur next season. Miles is stubborn , but not stupid. I also don't believe he's as tied to JJ's hip as some might think -- I believe that Miles needed to keep JJ in a positive frame of mind by continuing to play him (even when many of us here thought JJ should be benched), and it did pay off vs Bama.

I really believe that going into next season, hopefully with Mettenberger here, Miles will not be in a position where he has to name JJ the starter, or go with a dual QB system.

:geauxtige

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I have said this before crowton will stay if lsu has to buy out his contract. Lsu has lost a huge amount of funding from the state. Lsu has cut programs and laid off instructors. Politically it would be a slaughter in the news papers that instructors are being sent packing and their not getting a payout. I don't know what the payout will be but I expect it to be at least 100000$. The powers that be will say 11-1 and 5th in the nation is good enough and buying out crowton would be a waste of money. Crowton would have to go on his own. If he would leave to be a head coach at a smaller college that would be a diffrent story but to fire him and lsu pay him off in this enviroment of state budget shortfalls would be politically impossible in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong and crowton goes. The best thing would be for him to take a head coaching job on his own as far from lsu as possible. Hell would be too close.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

+1

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Don't twist what I said! I didn't say it will be unfortunate if we go 12-1,
    11-2. We are better than expected, but it has nothing to do with the offense.

Crowton shouldn't be able to keep his job because everyone else is doing there jobs well. That makes absolutely no sense.

8. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

I'm not sure if you realize this sabanfan, but we are the laughing stock of the country when it comes to offense. The only people that seem to not think we have the worst offense in the nation is Florida fans, and that's because they're in shock from how much their offense has fallen without tebow.

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

We are 9-1 because of our defense and special teams. We are 9-1 in spite of our offense.:wink:

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

How about LSU fires OC because with top 10 talent the last 3 years offense has ranked near the bottom 10?