If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually you didn't fix it because you totally missed my point. Plus, all of those highly ranked recruiting classes were not exclusively offensive players and the only decent QB we recruited went to the Dodgers.

Without the points scored on offense we would have 1 win. Our offense is bad but we need them. So far they've done enough to win.

So fking what? There are only 4 teams that can laugh at us because they are ranked higher than we are.

We are 9-1 because of our TEAM

Where is the TEAM ranked now?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Since you are not one that follows recruiting it seems I will start with the QB's and then let you do your homework from there.

Jarret Lee #7 ranked QB
    Jarrett Lee - Football Recruiting

Jordan Jefferson #8 ranked QB
    Jordan Jefferson - Yahoo! Sports

If you don't have a search function on your computer I can continue.

3. SabanFan

If you are implying that they are actually worthy of that ranking but haven't been properly developed, I'd say you are wrong. It does, however, point out that just because tour recruiting classes are highly ranked doesn't mean that your teams will be. The Texas Longhorns come to mind.

4. TwistedTiger

I'm implying that LSU has tons of talent on offense that has been squandered. Much of it has been lack of development. Or is every QB that LSU recruits a bust? Is every highly ranked OL that LSU recruits a bust? Coaching has played a major part in the lack of an offense the last 3 years.

5. SabanFan

9-1, 5th in the nation.

6. TwistedTiger

Yes so we know and you've said. I think we can all enjoy the fact that we are 9-1 and look forward to 10-1. Can you acknowledge the fact that our offense ranks 96th in the nation 2010-11 NCAA Football Team Total Offense - USATODAY.com and that it is a valid topic of discussion? Can you also come to the realization that discussing that offense or lack thereof that does not interfere with the enjoyment of our so far great 9-1 season?

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

exactly...thank god for good field position and Jasper!!

I really hope GC goes...but I doubt he will

8. roynav

roynav free your mind

Actually you sure sound like a negatiger. LSU has only lost one game. One game, on the road to the best team in the country. Auburn pulverized the Tiger defense. No excuses. Their strength (offense) beat our strength (defense).

Pinning this loss on Crowton? Laughable. Griping about losing on the road to the best team in the country? Laughable under any circumstances. Starting yet another "fire a coach" thread although LSU is #5 in the nation, despite being a team is full of young players, with shaaaaky QB play and WR's who have had trouble making the catches they should....laughable. Applying this to the thread as a whole, not just your post.

I see two major storylines of this season. 1. The surprising, overachieving win record of the Tigers and 2. The excessive negativity of a subset of fans.

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

Sorry, but you come across as a twisted tiger. Your post is negative. Your "wtf am I doing" caption of Les is negative. Go stand in the sunshine awhile. Smell a flower. Buy a toy for a poor kid. Smile.

10. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

The fact that people are defending Crowton is disturbing. We can't move the ball on the worst of opponents. 3 years of numbers don't lie, especially when there is history of making good talent look bad. Research it! Will it take Mettenberger coming here and struggling for people to see it? Oh, he'll just be overrated too. We lost the AU game because of the O. Go back and check our starting field possession for our drives in the second half. He doesn't use the talent at his disposal creatively at all. Oh, and River Left came from BG not GC. We win in spite of him. No Chavis, and he would be totally exploited for the historically bad OC he is.