If We Play USC Next Year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Plus OU's minds were zapped by half time. Visions of their crumble at the end of the season last year screwed with them. I think they thought they were jinxed. Stoops has got the players or had the players. He's got to change the mindset that has probably crept in there.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

There beatable....they will lose next year with leinart or without....

3. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

:angryfire :cuss: :angry: :po: :cry:

Don't say 3 peat. The correct term would be RePeat, or, if you're really generous, 2.5 peat.

4. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

No way dude. Granted Leinhart looked great in the Orange Bowl, but in other games he was only "good". I can't deny that he's a good QB, and I'd even say among the better playing college ball currently. However, one games performance doesn't make him a football god. David Greene looked a lot like that in the LSU/UGA game this year. He made all the right decisions, didn't make mistakes, and threw perfect passes that our great cornerbacks just couldn't defend. And what do ya know?... the score was even similar. But again, you look at his other games, and he's not really anything that special. Now I'd probably say that Leinhart is a little better than Greene, but Greene also didn't have a Reggie Bush to make him look better than he is, so that's debatable. But still, my point is just that there's always a possibility for a player to have a career game, but that doesn't mean that he'll play like that in every other game.

And there's no way that no other team next year will be good enough to beat USC, with or without Leinhart. Whether they go unbeaten remains to be seen, but they're not and won't be unbeatable.

5. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Actually, since the AP poll only made up a very small percentage of the BCS formula last year, the correct number would be something like a <2.1 peat. :lol:

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Personally, I think that if we play USC we should skull-**** them at every position so we could beat the ever living **** out of their entire team

Ugh, I just needed to get that out.