If we shut down UWV ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 19, 2010.

1. WickedJester

WickedJester Lets Go...... Moutaineers

That could be true. I watched most of the UNC game and the offense just didnt look that good. Im not really impressed with your QB.

I saw that one stud that kept returning those kicks.

I guess just like in 06 and then again in 08 when everyone thought we would get beat, we will have to show the nation again.

If our line plays decent then I am certain you guys will see how Georgia and Oklahoma felt after they were supposed to beat us.

If our line sucks like they did the first 2 weeks then your offense still wont have to score any points cause the d will do it for you.

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Personally I think it will be an entertaining game. We've shown that teams can come back on us in the 4th(UNC), while WVU has shown they can come back on teams in a tough environment(Marshall).

I think the LSU D line will cause a lot of problems for WVU, and I think that they could really fall apart on some drives. I also think that Devine is good enough to produce even with the WVU O-line having a tough day. I think it will depend on Smith making good decisions and not letting Peterson take over the game, like he did against MSU. He had 2 INT's himself, but I think knowing that he was having a great day it forced MSU to throw passes they didn't want to throw. Yesterday it seemed like anything that went near Peterson he came down with.

3. WickedJester

WVU is not MSU. We have just as much speed on offense if not more as any team in the nation. Tavon Austin, Noel Devine, and Jock Sanders are all sub 4.4-4.5 guys. With that being said, our o line is scary bad at times. If we keep Gino upright he will pick that d apart.

I cant wait to see how we much up with your defense. Your d is the best one we will see all year. I cant wait till Saturday night.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Same here, I look for it to be an exciting game. Best wishes and here's to an injury-free game.

[​IMG]

5. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

I think you will be the one in for a big surprise...your oline is weak...your backs will be getting hit in the backfield...Geno will be under pressure....I look for several turnovers....your offense hasn't scored much more than ours has, against weaker competition.your defense has given up 21 and 17 pts in the last 2 games to weaker teams..Plus you will be in Tiger Stadium....on Saterday night..I believe we will run it down your throats...our backs are big strong and fast...

6. WickedJester

We have given up 4 big plays that allowed 4 td's. Take those away and our defense hasnt given up much at all.

The 2 big TD bombs against MD were against a first time starter at CB. One of the TDs against Marshall was a 96 yd bomb. Our d is better than you think and our pass blocking is better than you are giving us credit for.

7. EERSFan

EERSFan Veteran Member

Our line is weak and our run blocking is weak and wvu is known to turn the ball over BUT even with that I dont think WVU is a weak team
    http://content.usatoday.com/sp...m-total-defense
    http://content.usatoday.com/sp...m-total-offense
    http://content.usatoday.com/sp...rushing-defense
    http://content.usatoday.com/sp...f/stats/passing
    http://content.usatoday.com/sp...f/stats/rushing

Those are our stats so far.
    I am nervous about the game but i think it will be a good game not a blowout

8. Dat-Tiger-Fan

i just watched the highlights from wvu and marshall..marshalls defensive linemen are pitifull they have NO PASS RUSH..the stood there and let themselves get blocked..watch the film...if you think our boys aren't going to blow that weak crap up you are wrong...

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dude, as a former English teacher I can't turn my head on THAT many. :hihi:

10. Dat-Tiger-Fan

I don't think it will be a blowout either..I just don't think your offense will be as "explosive" against a defense like ours...We blow up alot of plays in the backfield...I'm not saying your team is "a weak team" just the offensive line...and that is our strong point on defense...I will be at the game and think it will be a great matchup